While helping a group of gnomes at the Abandoned Refuge, you’ll need smokepowder to save True Soul Nere. To get smokepowder, you need to find a gnome that goes by the name Philomeen in her hidden room. Here’s how to find and open the hidden room at Abandoned Refuge in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Philomeen’s hidden room may be somewhat tricky to find and open, but if you have the right skills and directions, it shouldn’t be much of a problem. So, stick around as we’ll show you how to find the room and the skills you may need to open it.
Finding Philomeen’s Hidden Room
Here’s how to get to Philomeen’s hidden room step-by-step, starting from the dock:
- Go northeast from the boat until you see an iron double door.
- Lockpick the door and go in.
- Follow the hallway until you hit a dead end.
- Look for a hidden lever in the corner of the room and pull it. This will open a passage. Alternatively, if your Perception stats are high enough, you’ll find a button to the right of the door that’ll do the same thing.
- Proceed through the passage. You will encounter some enemies here.
- After killing the enemies, take the stairs to the left and jump over a gap.
- You’ll find a door here. Behind it is Philomeen’s hidden room. Lockpick the door and you’ll find Philomeen inside the room.
- Pass a persuasion check on Philomeen, so she doesn’t detonate the smokepowder. Ask her for some smokepowder which you’ll use to blow up the cave in.
And there you have it, you’ve opened the Abandoned Refuge hidden room and can proceed through the cave in, saving True Soul Nere.
By the way, if you are looking for even more BG3 content, here we have an article on how to enter the Rosymorn Monastery and solve the puzzle that it has in Baldur’s Gate 3, make sure to check it out!