Some of those who purchased Starfield want to refund the money for the game due to performance or other issues. So, in this guide, we will describe how to refund Starfield.
Fortunately, this feature is available for both PC and Xbox players, but only if they have not violated the return conditions. Below, we’ll explain the terms and provide instructions on how to get a refund.
Steam: How to Get a Refund for Starfield
If you’ve made refunds for games before, you’ll probably be familiar with this process and won’t have any problems. However, for those who have not, there are a few conditions that must be met to receive a refund, namely:
- You have not played the game for more than 2 hours.
- No more than 14 days have passed since the date of purchase.
Thus, if each of the conditions is met, you can easily get your money back, and here’s how to do it:
- Open Steam and go to the Game Library.
- Find Starfield and click on it to view information about the game in a separate interface.
- Among the tabs in the center of the screen, find and click on Support.
- This will take you to a special menu for refunds, where you will need to complete a short survey before submitting your request.
- The first question you will be asked is “What problem are you having with this product?”. Select the option you want, but if you don’t know what to choose, we recommend “It’s not what I expected.”
- After that, you will be redirected to the next page, where you will need to select the “I’d like to request a refund” option.
- This will take you to the next tab, where the system will check if you have met the conditions for a refund (those we mentioned above).
- If everything is fine, the last thing you have to do is add another reason why you want to return the game and choose where you want the money to be refunded, like the Steam wallet/card you paid with.
Thus, after sending a request, all you have to do is wait. The request can be processed up to 7 days, after which you should receive a refund.
Read more: Starfield: How to Change FOV & Fix the Issue
Xbox: How to Get a Refund for Starfield
For Xbox refunds, you’ll need to meet the same conditions as for Steam. If you’re certain that everything is correct, you can submit a request, and here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Xbox Support page and sign in.
- Go to the “Request availability” tab and select Starfield.
- Select the “Request a refund” option.
- Now you’ll need to fill out a simple form, where you’ll have to write down the reason for the refund and your email address.
After a successful refund request, as in the previous case, you will have to wait a few days to receive your money back. By the way, if you’re looking to learn even more about the game, feel free to read our article on how to fix audio issue bugs in Starfield.