Lost Ark spoils new players for choice at the start: various classes are waiting to be leveled up. Now the first so-called specialist class, the artist, is coming into play. We look closer at the new heroine in this guide and explain what you need to know about the Artist class.
- Field of application and role of the class
- The perfect skill set
- The best builds for every play style
- The best engravings for the Artist?
- Which awakening skill?
Class Overview, Role & Identity of the Artist
This is the Artist: As mentioned earlier, the Artist is a Specialist. The Specialist is a new main class in Lost Ark and the Artist functions as an advanced class of the Specialist. Her job is to support the group by increasing their damage or protecting them from attacks. She also has direct attacks, but causes rather little damage.
How to play the class: The Artist uses her paints and brushes in battle to confuse enemies and strengthen allies with the power of illusion. Nevertheless, you can also play the artist as a DPS class. Basically, the artist is all about filling the harmony and identity meter with attacks. We can then use them to create harmony orbs, which in turn form the basis for the class identity.
In general, if you want to play the artist in the best possible way:
- Keep moving and stay away from bosses – the artist can only take a slight damage.
- Familiarise yourself with your buffs and learn in which situation you should cast which buffs. Especially the timing of healing spells and the placement of spheres can save your party’s neck under challenging fights.
The Artist’s Class Identity
What can the class identity do? You must fill your harmony and identity meter with attacks to use the artist’s identity. This will generate up to three harmony orbs, which you can use to cast your identity skills.
- Moonfall (consumes 2 harmony orbs): You strike the ground powerfully, increasing the damage of your party members within 24 yards.
- Sunrise (consumes 1 Harmony Orb): You focus your energy and summon a sun marble within 10 metres (where you place your cursor). The marble remains for 60 seconds and heals yourself and allies who walk through it. You can summon 3 marbles at the same time.
The most important attributes of the artist: With every class in Lost Ark, you should pay attention to various attributes on the armour in the endgame. For the artist, these are the following:
- Nimbleness: More nimbleness means less cooldown on abilities, which in turn means more DPS or healing/support buffs.
- Critical Probability: Further increases the artist’s damage.
- Specialisation: Boosts the specific abilities of your class.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Artist in Lost Ark
The Right Skills for the Lost Ark Artist
In Lost Ark, the first 50 levels hardly determine your final build later on. You can generally reset your skills at any time for free and redistribute the skill points. You can build your skills however you like. You can experiment with your build as you see fit until you have all the points.
Which build you choose depends on whether you want to play the artist as a support or DPS class. Supporters focus on the class engraving “Full Bloom”, which restores the party’s hit points within a certain radius. If you focus on DPS, you choose the class engraving “Relapse” to increase your critical hit probability and critical damage.
Best Support Build for the Artist
|Tripod 1||Tripod 2||Tripod 3|
|Brush: Ink Hop||Harmonization||Yellow Ink||Rich Palate|
|Ink: Silk Road||Calligraphic Dexterity||Ink Mark||Cherry Blossom Path|
|Brush: Ink Splash||Sweeping Strokes||Ink River||Colorful Amulet|
|Ink: Milky Way||Creators Endurancce||The Patch of a Genius||Star Light|
|Ink: Koi Pond||Harmonization||Expression||Release the Carp!|
|Ink: Sea Conch||Creative Impromput||Creative Impulse||Exaltation of the Spirit|
|Red-Crowned Crane||Complete Exaustion|
|Ink: Drawing the Sun||The Path of a Genius||Calligraphic Dexterity||Monogram of Power|
|Brush: ink Launcher||Harmonization||The Path of a Genius||Expression|
Best DPS Build for the Artist
|Tripod 1||Tripod 2||Tripod 3|
|Ink Silk Road||Caligraphic Dexterity||Ink Mark|
|Ink: Ravaging Tiger||Creative Impromptu||Sharp Brush||Fury of the Predator|
|Brush: Ink Smash||Quick Sketch||Wide Brush||Expression|
|Ink: Drawing the Moon||Quick Sketch||Star Ornament||Fire Kick|
|Ink: Koi Pond||Critical Touch||Expression||Master of the Pool|
|Ink: Sea Conch||Quick Sketch||Creative Impulse||Scroll of Power|
|Red-Crowned Crane||Adjusted Strokes||Critical Touch||Tactics "Crane Wings"|
|Ink: Drawing the Sun||Quick Sketch||Calligraphic Dexterity||Dawn Guardian|
How does the rotation of the artist work? Your focus as an artist is always to fill your harmony and identity bar so that you can create harmony orbs and cast your identity abilities. Accordingly, you open the fight with your attack skills and then focus on damage or healing or buffs, depending on your build.
Rotation to build harmony orbs:
- Dash: Splash
- Colour: Wings of the Crane
- Colour: Ink blast
- Colour: Inkwell
- Colour: Butterfly dream
- Colour: Starry night
- Colour: Tiger leaping
The Best Engravings for the Artist in Lost Ark
What are engravings? Once your character has reached level 50, you can use the important bonuses and buffs. Engravings give you bonuses and buffs to skills or character stats. It is important to mention that not every class can carry every engraving. There are normal engravings that you can use on your current character and on your secondary characters. Then, of course, only when they have reached level 50 as well. We also have a detailed guide that goes into the engravings.
Each class in Lost Ark also has two class-specific engravings besides the traditional engravings. For the Artist, these are:
- Full Bloom: When you cast Sunrise, you regenerate hit points from allies within 24 metres.
- Relapse: When you use Sunrise or Moonfall, your critical hit rate and critical damage are increased for a period of time.
The Best Normal Engravings for the Lost Ark Artist
You should take these other engravings with you: As mentioned above, you can take other engravings with you besides your class engraving. The normal engravings either improve your damage or give your equipment a buff. You can take a total of four engravings with you. The number of engraving points to invest is dictated by your equipment. You can get a maximum of 35 engraving points, which should be enough for three normal engravings and your class-specific engraving.
Which engravings you should take with you varies depending on your build. If you use the skill with focus on the full bloom engraving, the following normal engravings are recommended:
- Barricade: additional damage to enemies when protection is active.
- Revival: reduced cooldown of your Revival skill and increase of the maximum usage limit by 1
- Equipment – heavy armour: additional defence through worn armour
Increased maximum mana points: increases your maximum mana points
If you choose a skill with focus on the engraving “relapse”, you should additionally use the following engravings:
- Adrenaline: you gain a damage bonus per skill used; six stacks increases your crit chance.
- Audacious Blunt Weapon: additional crit damage (10-50 percent depending on the engraving tier), but there is a chance that your attacks will do 20 percent less damage
- Master of Strike: increases your damage when attacking your enemy from the side.
- Raid leader: additional damage equal to a certain percentage of your attack speed (10-45 percent depending on the engraving tier).
These are Awakening Abilities of the Artist in Lost Ark
Like the engravings, you only unlock the awakening ability when your artist reaches level 50 and completes the corresponding quest series. There are two variants, both of which you can unlock. However, you can only equip one awakening ability and not both simultaneously.
- Masterpiece: Spectacle – You summon an 8-metre wide scroll and start painting to inflict damage five times. All enemies hit by it are flung into the air, receive additional damage and suffer a reduction in their critical resistance and movement speed.
- Masterpiece: Efflorescence – You rise into the air in a floral vortex, dealing damage to enemies within 24 metres. In addition, all allies within range receive a shield that absorbs damage. Additionally, you generate two harmony orbs.
We don’t want to give a clear recommendation for one of the two awakening abilities because both have their justification in appropriate game situations. Efflorescence, however, is more suitable for supporters.
|More about Lost Ark|
Would you like to join our community and discuss Lost Ark? Then join our Discord server, we look forward to seeing you!