Since the Season 1 update, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is increasingly experiencing disconnections, or more precisely, disconnections from the host. We’ll give you a few suggestions in our guide that you can try.
This is what’s going on: Since the release of Modern Warfare 2 in October, players have been plagued by errors time and again. Crashes and connection problems are almost normal. Since the Season 1 update on November 16, 2022, players are increasingly experiencing disconnections from the host. Infinity Ward has not yet commented on this, but there are a few solutions you can try.
How to fix the “Lost Connection to Host” in Modern Warfare 2
Every day, hundreds of thousands of players are online via the various platforms; Steam, Battle.net, Xbox, and PlayStation, trying to find a match. It can happen that the connection to the host is simply interrupted due to the server load. This is especially noticeable with the release of Season 1, as the number of players has tripled, at least on Steam.
If you are affected by this issue, you should first try again. If this does not work even after several attempts, we have a few tips for you:
- Check server status: You can use the Downdetector to check if the Call of Duty servers are online or if there are any problems.
- Restart Modern Warfare 2: An obvious solution, but it helps in some cases to restart the game.
- Restart router: Also a simple as well as an effective solution; restart your router. To do this, unplug it for 2 minutes and plug your router back in. This will restart your network connection and the connection speed to the MW2 host may increase.
- Run Steam or Battle.net as admin: This suggestion will only help PC players. But you can close Steam or Battle.net and run it as admin. To do this, right-click on the software and select “Run as Admin”.
- Disable Overclocking: Also for PC gamers only; A few gamers report that the issue was solved for them after they disabled their overclocking software.
All are rather standard solutions, but officially there is no further information on this. The error is often an overloaded network on the part of Call of Duty or your own connection.