An own fief or kingdom in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is one of the end game tasks, so we will show you how to start a kingdom in the world of calradia and lead it to success!
What it’s about: Probably every Mount and Blade player dreams of proclaiming his own kingdom one day. However, the way to get there is very difficult and requires a lot of time. In this guide, we’ll tell you what you need to be a ruler and explain the two ways you can start your own kingdom.
- Never miss guides and news for Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord again — Guided Social Media
These are the Requirements to start a Kingdom in Bannerlord
First, we need to clarify what requirements you need to fulfill in order to start a kingdom and rule over it. First, of course, you need a clan, with which you can then found and expand your kingdom. In addition, you need one where you can proclaim your kingdom – that is, a fief. A kingdom must of course also be financed. Therefore, you will need a lot of money.
Here are the requirements in short:
- Clan on tier 4
- At least one fief (a castle or a city)
- A lot of money
How to start own kingdom in Bannerlord with these two options
Starting, building, and then maintaining a kingdom can be a very difficult and long process. That’s why we’re going to show you two ways you can manage to start your own kingdom.
These are the two ways to start a kingdom:
- Back your starting faction as a vassal and start your own kingdom on it
- Start an independent clan and conquer a city or a castle.
Option 1: Start a Kingdom by backing your Faction as a Vassal
The first option is to betray your faction and establish a kingdom as a vassal. To do this, you take advantage of the war between your faction and a second one and side with the enemy. This will make it easier for you to capture your fief and establish your kingdom there.
Follow these steps to found your own Kingdom
- Before you can start a kingdom in Bannerlord, get your clan to tier 2.
- Choose a well-located fief. (A castle is best)
- Ally yourself with a kingdom that fights your current faction.
Example: Assuming you are part of Battania. If they go to war with the empire, you join the empire.
- During the war, you can easily take over your faction’s fief through your influence, and you don’t get a culture penalty and therefore don’t lose as much loyalty.
- Once you own your fief, you should build up its defenses and make sure it consists of prosperous villages.
- Once you have done that and your clan has reached tier 4, you can proceed.
- In the upper right part of the menu, press the red button to exit the kingdom.
- Then click on the button that says you want to keep all your possessions and confirm it. And you are independent.
Warning: Once you’ve done that, you’ll be at war with all your old allies.
- Since you are on the territory of your old feudal lord, you can directly try to negotiate a peace treaty. This will cost you between 100,000 and 200,000 denars.
- When peace is established, you can return to your fief and talk to the governor there, start a kingdom and give it a name.
|More about Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord|
Option 2: How to start a Kingdom as an Independent Clan in Bannerlord
The second option is to appoint a kingdom as an independent clan. This variant is much more difficult because you have to capture a city or a castle on foreign territory.
Start your own Kingdom as an independent Bannerlord:
- Look around carefully and decide which fief you want to take.
- Improve your influence with the castle and the surrounding villages.
- Try to collect as much money as possible to be able to present a good peace offer to your enemies.
- Also, you should have a large army and try to put as many soldiers as possible in your service.
- Next, conquer a city or castle and then make peace with the money you collected before.
- Now it’s important to keep the peace and improve your wealth.
- Then you can proclaim your kingdom and conquer other parts of Calradia piece by piece.
Tip: We recommend you attack a castle first, because they are easier to conquer than cities. If you are a beginner, pick a castle on the edge of the map to start a kingdom in bannerlord. This way you can be attacked from only two or three directions and defend your fief better.
You want to join our community and discuss about Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord? Then join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook, we are looking forward to you!