Between February 10th and 13th, 2023, in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, you’ll have a rare chance to take on Ash’s strongest monster, Greninja. It’s a real challenge, but we’ll tell you which Pokémon lineup gives you the best chance of winning.
Let’s go to a unique raid event: Starting today, February 10th at 1 a.m., you can take part in a very special 7-star raid in Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. Your opponent is none other than Ash Ketchum’s strongest Pokémon yet, the frog-like Greninja of Tera-type Poison. Until February 13th at 0:59, you can beat the star of the Poké battle. Or is it the other way around?
One thing’s for sure, it’s not an easy fight, because Greninja is a level 100 competition monster, and the requirements you have to meet to participate in the Tera Raid event are correspondingly high. Those are:
- You have completed the three paths of the main story.
- You have successfully beaten all the arena lords twice.
- You have already won the Academy’s Tournament.
- You must be able to receive PokéPortal news via the PokéPortal (internet connection needed), otherwise the raid event will not be activated.
- Of course, if you want to play in online co-op, an internet connection is also required.
If you meet these requirements, the only thing standing in your way is Greninja himself. But which of your pocket monsters should you face the titan with, and which special abilities should your party be familiar with? We have a few good suggestions.
Pokémon With Which You can Defeat Quajutsu
Here’s the deal: As someone interested in a 7-star raid event, you’ll probably already know exactly what to expect. Namely, it’s a typical Tera-Raid, in which a Pokémon in its teracrystalline form has to be slain. The addition of the word “event” only describes the fact that a particularly rare and unusually strong monster is going to give you a run for your money. In this case, it’s Ash’s Greninja.
Here’s what you need to know: The powerful Greninja admittedly has a few special attacks that will give your Pokémon hell. These include Double Team (Normal), Ice Beam, Poison Spikes, Hydro Pump (Water), Garbage Strike (Poison), and Night Strike (Unlight). That’s right: this is a Unlight/Water-type monster. As a Tera-Type Poison Pokémon, Greninja is vulnerable to Psycho and Ground attacks.
These monsters do best: Of course, it should be noted that there are always a few uncertain variables in Tera Raids. For example, which Pokétrainers and monsters you go up against will count. However, because of the corporate nature of Tera types, it’s safe to say that you’ll do well with the following lineup:
- A Suelord with the ability to absorb water comes in handy when fighting Greninja for obvious reasons. More specifically, we are talking about the skill “H²O Absorber”. Natively, a Suelord doesn’t do much damage, but here it can be helped by means of the skill terminals of Pokémon “gas stations”. Of course, it should be a ground or earth attack.
- For Gastrodon, the same applies as for the Suelord, that is, you should also equip it with a hefty ground attack, while against Greninja’s water attacks, use its Storm ability. Why? Because Storm turns a water attack into a cute little nothing.
- Because a little healing can’t hurt, it’s also a good idea to send a Heiteira into battle. It’s also particularly well suited for the psychic attacks that are important here.
- By the way, if you want to go for it alone, we recommend a well-trained Koalelu. Its slam ability is a surprise in terms of damage, and the Koalelu is especially dangerous due to its befitting ability to send opponents to sleep.
Want to join our community and discuss Pokémon? Then feel free to join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you there!