A huge world full of exciting discoveries, but also dangers, awaits wizards and witches in Hogwarts Legacy. Therefore, there are some things you should avoid at all costs in the game if you want to become the best wizard student at Hogwarts.
What’s going on? In Hogwarts Legacy you can discover all sorts of things, but you can also make serious mistakes that will make your journey to becoming a master wizard much more difficult. That’s why we’ll tell you in our guide what you should never do in the action role-playing game.
Mistakes You Should Avoid In Hogwarts Legacy
Mistake #1: Ignoring the strengths and weaknesses of your opponents
To succeed as a wizard or witch in the battles of Hogwarts Legacy, simple button mashing is not enough, especially on the higher difficulty levels. Therefore, you should take a close look at the opponent you’re up against and what strengths and weaknesses your opponent has.
We will explain basic tips about the combat system of Hogwarts Legacy in a separate guide. With regard to the individual enemy types, the following applies:
- Dragons: Beware of their fire breath. As soon as the dragon needs to recharge its breath, attack it with your most powerful damage spells.
- Wizards: Defend yourself against their attacks at the beginning of the battle and then use damage spells to defeat them quickly.
- Acromantula: Spiders hate light, so you should use light spells like Lumos to fight them.
- Goblins: Because Goblins are gifted with magic just like Wizards and Witches, you should fight them in the same way as human enemies.
- Centaurs: Keep your distance from Centaurs whenever possible, and use damage spells from there to keep them on their toes.
- Trolls: Trolls deal a lot of damage, but they are also very slow. So you should constantly keep moving when fighting them so they don’t hit you.
- Inferi: These undead enemies hate fire and are especially vulnerable to such spells.
Magic Toads: The magic toads shoot slime that slows you down. So be careful not to get hit by it, and keep moving here as well.
- Fwooper: The song of a Fwooper can drive a person mad. So be sure to stay away from these creatures in the wild.
Mistake #2: Using spells in the wrong order
Directly related to your success in battle is the order in which you use your spells. Basically, your goal in any battle should be to immobilize your enemy (with Glacio or Levioso, for example) and then attack them with your most powerful damage spells. We’ll explain how the spells work in Hogwarts Legacy in a separate guide.
Mistake #3: Using potions incorrectly
As a wizard or witch, you can use four different types of potions in Hogwarts Legacy. Using them correctly can be crucial to your success in the game.
- Strengthening potions: protect you from damage, especially useful in boss fights.
- Healing potions: replenish your health, useful in any situation.
- Luck Potion: exclusive recipe only for pre-orderers of the game, lets you have extra luck for a limited time (useful in challenging quests, or when you get stuck at some point in the game).
- Invisibility potion: makes you invisible for a limited time, helpful in single quests or when you want to disappear quickly in battle.
Mistake #4: Do not use plants in combat
In Hogwarts Legacy there are various plants that are not only suitable for brewing potions, but can also be useful in combat. So you should definitely use them – especially when facing a powerful opponent like a boss.
Mistake #5: Misallocating talent points
Because Hogwarts Legacy is a role-playing game, you can invest talent points in over 50 talents from five different categories. We’ll tell you which talents are available and how you can get additional talent points in our Hogwarts Legacy talent guide.
Mistake 6: Ignoring the broom challenges
Once you have unlocked your broom in Hogwarts Legacy, you can complete various challenges with it. These include flying through balloons that can be found in the open game world. If you see these balloons, be sure to destroy them because completing these challenges will give you cool rewards – and it’s super easy to do.
Mistake #7: Don’t buy broom upgrades
Remember to upgrade your broom regularly when you reach a new level. This will make it much easier for you to travel around the game world. Also, complete the related quests in which you race through rings to get the most out of your broom.
Mistake #8: Not selling useless equipment
Once you’ve played a few levels in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll quickly realize: The size of your inventory is limited. Therefore, you should sell equipment that you no longer need as often as possible to create space in your inventory.
|More about Hogwarts Legacy|
Want to join our community and discuss Hogwarts Legacy? Then feel free to join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you there!