Starfield features many main story and side quests for you to complete, and Red Tape Blues is the latter. This guide will provide you with a Starfield Red Tape Blues quest walkthrough.
Red Tape Blues doesn’t impact your relations with Factions or your progress in the main story. The point of completing such quests is getting some extra rewards to aid you in your playthrough. So, follow these straightforward instructions to complete the quest.
How to Start Red Tape Blues
You’ll be able to start the quest on planet Mars, specifically the Cydonia region. Once you’re there, you need to have a talk with a person named Trevor Petyarre. He will ask you to mine iron ores for him.
You need to mine 10 of them using a Cutter. You’ve already received a Cutter at the start of the game, so equip it and mine 10 iron ores for the quest to progress. If you’re having trouble finding the iron, use your scanner, and the ores should be highlighted in cyan. Next, simply put the iron ores into a deposit box, which will be marked as your quest objective.
Red Tape Blues: Applying for a Promotion
After depositing the ores, talk to Trevor once again. He will give you your next objective – apply for the mining operations executive’s assistant position. Next, you should do the following:
- Make your way back to your ship and fly to the Deimos Starstation offices in the orbit of Mars.
- Dock your ship outside the Starstation and go inside.
- Once you’re inside, take a left turn following the objective marker and interact with the Deimos sales computer.
- You will be asked to fill out an application by answering questions. It does not matter what answers you pick as you will get the same result either way.
- From there, make your way back to Cydonia and speak with Trevor again. This time, he will ask you to remove other candidates’ applications from the human resources computer.
Red Tape Blues: Deleting Other Candidates’ Applications
To find the computer, take a staircase up to the right behind Trevor. It will take you to the HR offices and you’ll see a person named Mia sitting at the computer desk. Interact with the computer and delete other candidate’s applications in the “Job Applications” folder.
Next, return to Trevor, turn in the quest, and you’ll be awarded 100 EXP and 3700 Credits. And while you are here, make sure to check our guide on how to find the Heart of Mars in Starfield.