DayZ developer Bohemia Interactive has installed the Experimental Update 1.15 on the live server. We take a look at what to expect in the new update.
That’s going on: After version 1.15 had been available for testing on the experimental servers since the beginning of November, the update was installed on the live servers today on November 23rd.
This content awaits you in DayZ Update 1.15
These items are new: Update 1.15 not only brings 3 new firearms, but also new models, new clothes and important sounds that will make your life much easier.
The new weapons include two well-known guns. You can also use the new patch to heavily modify an already included weapon:
- AUR A1 – Assault Rifle (AUG)
- AUR X – assault rifle (AUG with Picatinny rail)
- Sawn-off Le-Mas (Famas)
- Baseball bat with barbed wire
The AUR was already in DayZ, but was soon removed again due to the renovation work. Now you can play it again under a new name in Vanilla-DayZ. However, gamers who play with mods on PC have never had to miss this weapon.
New magazine: So that the AUR can be supplied with ammunition, it gets its own magazine. The AUR magazine contains a maximum of 30 rounds. It is still unclear whether the AUR can also use normal Stanag magazines.
New vest & Modell: Soon you will also have a new way to stow your ammunition. With the hunter vest, a veteran of DayZ history returns to the game. The vest originally comes from the game Arma 3, which was also developed by Bohemia Interactive.
Finally, there is this sound: It took years for the developer to introduce this SFX: If you switch between the fire modes in Update 1.15, you will now hear that too.
So you don’t have to double-check whether you are still in full-auto or semi-auto mode. But a little tip from me personally: Always put your weapons on semi-auto. This gives you more control and allows you to fire fast enough with a quick trigger finger.
Also, there is a new female player model. Did you already got it?
Further changes, innovations and bug fixes – Patch Notes 1.15
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- AUR A1 assault rifle
- AUR AX assault rifle
- 30rd AUR magazine
- Hunter vest
- UI indicator when being hit
- Craftable barbed wire baseball bat
- Craftable Sawed-off LE-MAS
- New female survivor
- Sounds for switching the fire mode of a firearm
- Day-time setting for night vision scopes
- Metal wire can now be crafted out of barbed wire
- Ski masks and balaclavas would clip with several pieces of headgear
- Fixed a server error caused by specific attachment slots
- Electric appliances would always make plug-in sounds when the user was connecting to the server (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159441)
- The sawed-off version of the BK-43 had wrong fire mode names
- Added a missing bed in the big yellow medical tent
- Fixed bad collisions in the yellow medical tents
- A killed chicken couldn’t be picked up properly in all cases
- The fishing hook was not visible on the boonie hat on the ground
- If a player died while in surrender stance, the death animation was played twice
- Base building parts could become indestructible under specific circumstances
- The CR-75 could not be damaged by gunfire
- Small items could not be picked up from specific positions in car wrecks (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160968, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161261)
- Livonia bunkers were missing textures of fallen leaves
- Slicing rotten pumpkin produced raw pumpkin slices
- Charcoal tables were only working for a very brief time window
- Grenades can’t be pinned anymore, once the fuse has started
- Adjusted the thresholds for energy and hydration levels
- Food now takes longer to process in the stomach
- Slightly reduced the health damage caused by dehydration and starvation
- Adjusted weapon fire rates and recoil
- Added new variants of muzzle flash for more variety
- Secondary cooking processes were adjusted to not ruin the food in all cases (e.g. boiling already boiled food)
- Changed the weight of tents to be more realistic
- Head torches now count as eye-wear so they can be worn with other types of head gear
- Removed ghillie wrap attachment slot from the sawed-off BK-43
- It is now possible to craft rags using the shovel or farming hoe
- Bushes drop more long sticks instead of short sticks
- Dry bags can now be repaired with the tire repair kit (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161090)
- Removed grenade armor and cut protection from the high capacity vest
- Unconsciousness caused by firearms lasts longer
- Reduced the inventory size of the carp fillet from 2×3 to 1×3
- Reworked conditions for allowed item combinations
- Increased the volume of the LE-MAS reload sounds to make it more audible
- Closed containers won’t show their cargo space anymore
- Fixed: Infected weren’t spawning at the Balota air field and military area
- Fixed: Position of some loot spawn points on the western helicopter crash site
- Fixed: Incorrect loot spawn points of Land_HouseBlock_2F1
- Fixed: Incorrect loot spawn points of Land_House_2W01
- Fixed: Livonia CE tiers 1 and 2 were mixed together (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161247)
- Added: cfgweather.xml for configuring weather (documentation on the BI wiki)
- Added: cfggameplay.json for configuring several gameplay elements (documentation on the BI wiki)
- Added: cfggameplay.json can define custom object spawners json files to populate the world without the need to use central economy (documentation on the BI wiki)
- Added: Basic XML errors for invalid XMLs
- Fixed: Some mission files were not distributed in their lowercase form
- Changed: Weather init removed from default init.c (now done automatically from c++)
- Changed: FoodDecay parameter is now multiplier (instead of 0 – 1 toggle), meaning decay can be made faster or slower, 0 still switches it off
- Added: Particle overhaul, with the addition of “ParticleSource” and “ParticleManager”
- Added: New script method PlayerBase::OnVoiceEventPlayback called per frame during voice sound event
- Added: ErrorEx, script error message containing what class and function it came from
- Added: HasActiveParticle for fast checking if the IEntity as any active particles
- Added: GetParticleEmitorCount to quickly obtain the count of emitters
- Added: IEntity::IsFlagSet for fast testing if a flag is present on the IEntity
- Added: IEntity::IsHierarchyPositionOnly to check if it was added to a parent with “positionOnly” enabled
- Added: Exposed AbstractWave::GetVolume to script API (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T161111)
- Added: ParticleList.GetParticleIDByName, a faster alternative for ParticleList.GetParticleID
- Added: CGame.IsDedicatedServer to check if the current instance of the game is a real server or not
- Added: Differentiate put in cargo from inventory interaction and load/spawn in cargo (CanReceiveItemIntoCargo/CanLoadItemIntoCargo)
- Fixed: Baseball bat cleanup: removed the bottom half of textures (unused) and adjusted UV amps accordingly. Fixed damage materials. All materials now have normal and specular maps, the _view rvmats are unused now
- Fixed: OnExplodeClient should now support usage of modded particles
- Fixed: Config entry “healthLevels” inside of “DamageSystem” not reading integers
- Fixed: StartupEvent not being sent to CGame.OnEvent on script side
- Fixed: ScriptModule.CallFunction always returning 0 even when succeeding
- Fixed: SetDirection and SetOrientation not working on DayZCreature
- Changed: IEntity::AddChild now returns a bool instead of int and has an updated description
- Changed: IEntity::RemoveChild now returns a bool instead of void and takes an extra parameter to enable keeping of WS transform
- Changed: Moved the AUG magazine’s textures and materials to the magazines folder
- Changed: Reduced sizes of unused AUG textures to 256×256
- Changed: Engine-level entity events are now protected (instead of private)
- A fire barrel might despawn when all attachments are removed