The September update of Rust is live and now offers an official Hardcore game mode. What the Hardcore mode brings with it and what other changes the September update of Rust contains, we show you now.
Why the Hardcore mode? After the Softcore mode was released by the Rust developers last year, the developers also wanted to give their experienced players a mode. From now on there is the Hardcore Mode in which players can compete with other survivors.
Never miss news & updates about Rust again — Guided-Social-Media
This is the new Hardcore mode in Rust – All adjustments
In the following list we will show you what you can expect in the new Hardcore mode and which adjustments are available in the first update:
These changes are on the Hardcore servers from now on:
- local chat with a range of 100m is available
- maximum limit of sleeping places (5 sleeping bags and beds)
- An in-game change log is now visible in the inventory in the upper left corner
These game mechanics have been removed
- Contact system
- Crawling when wounded
- Global chat
- Team system
- MLRS vehicle
- Blueprints are deleted monthly
All this forms the basis for the Hardcore mode and will be further developed and improved in the future. As of now, 10 official servers are available where you can compete with other players in Hardcore mode. Server owners can activate the hardcore mode using the following variable: “-gamemode hardcore“.
|More about Rust|
All patch notes of the September update of Rust
The September update of Rust brings, in addition to the Hardcore mode, a revised cooking and oven interface, as well as other fixes and improvements:
What’s new in the update
- Oven and Cooking: The Ovens and Cooking interface are now easier to use. (They still melt and cook at the same speed).
- Storage: The capacity of the small wooden box has been increased from 12 to 18 and the capacity of the large wooden box from 30 to 48.
- The line of sight when setting up sleeping bags and beds has been adjusted.
- Hapis Island: The two road tunnels have been reworked and improved.
- Trees no longer block you when ziplining.
- The font size of the console can be adjusted (global.consolescale convar)
- Vehicles can now land more easily on train cars
- Distant shooting sounds have been reworked
- Attacks with the nail gun are now quieter
Corrections & bug fixes:
- Fixed server start exception on certain map seeds.
- Players no longer suffer fall damage on respawn.
- Fixed camera snapping after closing inventory on OSX.
- Hapis Island: All small cliff holes have been fixed.
- Hapis Island: Various other bug fixes.
- Sprays no longer last too long indoors.
- Fixed the message “Too close to the monument…”.
- Players on train tracks no longer follow the oncoming train and take damage from it from now on.
- Collisions with signs fixed
- Small signs can now be placed on crates.
- Fixed water flickering when using TSAA.