You want to find the perfect base design in Rust, don’t feel like PvP and want to be able to spawn items, then pay attention now, because we will show you how to install the singleplayer in Rust very quick.
Official mode? Yes, it is actually the case that the survival burglary simulator Rust does not have an official singleplayer mode. Nevertheless, the tools to create one in less than 5 minutes also come from developer Facepunch. Open your eyes, the super-quick and easy guide is here!
Create Rust Singleplayer & Use it Properly
What you need: Before you follow our step-by-step instructions, you should know that the singleplayer mode is currently reserved for PC players. Here we will create a local server together with you.
That’s how it’s done
- Go to Rust.Facepunch.com/faq and scroll all the way down.
- Here you click on “quick start zip here” and download the server files
Unzip the zip or rar file in a folder of your choice and open the “Server” folder.
- Right-click on “Run_DS.bat” and then click on “Edit”.
- In the long line in the file you can not forget your server name, password and the map seed – save!
- Have you done that, run the Run_DS.bat and wait until the installation is complete
- To be appointed as admin, you need your SteamID, which you can find here.
- Enter your Steam name and copy the “SteamID64”.
- After the installation, enter “ownerid * your Steam ID *” in the black box of the server that is still running.
- Now just type in “writecfg” to save the changes.
- Don’t close the box and start Rust
How to join: Now you have installed your own singleplayer in Rust. The final hurdle is to join your gaming session. But that’s also quite easy. All you have to do is open the developer console with the “F1” key in the main menu of Rust.
Here you then enter “client.connect localhost:28015” and confirm with Enter. The first time you enter your Rust singleplayer session, it may take a while to load. Later attempts to join will be faster – I promise.
|More Guides about Rust|
Why you should play rust singleplayer
The main reason to create your own little rust paradise where no one can attack you is to try out all the functions in the game. You can fly, explore freely, spawn items and build bases in no time.
You can do that again via the developer console, by the way. Simply open them with F1 and then select the “Items” tab to spawn them. You can activate and deactivate flies by typing “noclip” into the console.In addition, it is extremely helpful, especially for new players, as they can get to know all aspects of Rust without other players throwing them overboard. So if you are new to Rust or just looking for some peace and quiet, we hope that this short guide on Rust single player has helped you.
Text us: If we have overlooked something or if it doesn’t work for you, just write us a comment and we will try to help you as soon as possible!