You want to find the perfect base design in Rust, don’t feel like PvP & want to be able to spawn items on top of that, then pay attention now, because we’ll show you how to install the single player in Rust.
Official mode? Indeed, it is the case that the survival burglary simulator Rust does not have an official single player. Nevertheless, the tools to create it in less than 5 minutes also come from developer Facepunch. Eyes up, the super short and simple tutorial is coming now.
Play Rust in singleplayer with your own free server – this is how it works
Before you follow our step-by-step instructions, you should know that the single player mode is currently reserved for PC players. Here we will create a local server together with you.
This is how you install your singleplayer server
- Go to „rust.facepunch.com/support” and scroll all the way down.
- Click on “quick start zip here” and download the server files.
- Unzip the zip or rar file to a folder of your choice and open the “Server” folder.
- Right click on “Run_DS.bat” and click on “Edit”.
- In the long line in the file you can enter your server name, password and map seed — don’t forget to save!
- Once you have done that, run the Run_DS.bat and wait until the installation is finished.
- To appoint yourself as admin, you need your SteamID (via steamid.io). Enter your steamname and copy the “SteamID64”.
- In the black box of the still running server enter “ownerid *your Steam ID*” after the installation.
- Now just type “writecfg” to save the changes.
- Do not close the box and start Rust
How to join your server? Now you have installed your own single player in Rust. The final hurdle is to join your gaming session. But that’s also quite easy. All you have to do is open the developer console with the “F1” key in the main menu of Rust.
Here you then enter “client.connect localhost:28015” and confirm with Enter. The first time you enter your Rust single player session, it may take a while to load. Later attempts to join will be faster – I promise.
|More about Rust
Why you should even play rust in singleplayer 2023?
The main reason to create your own little rust paradise where no one can attack you is to try out all the functions in the game. You can fly, explore freely, spawn items and build bases in no time.
You can do that again via the developer console, by the way. Simply open them with F1 and then select the “Items” tab to spawn them. You can activate and deactivate flies by typing “noclip” into the console.In addition, it is extremely helpful, especially for new players, as they can get to know all aspects of Rust without other players throwing them overboard. So if you are new to Rust or just looking for some peace and quiet, we hope that this short guide on Rust single-player has helped you.
Text us: If we have overlooked something or if it doesn’t work for you, just write us a comment and we will try to help you as soon as possible!