Unfortunately, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 always has bugs, and today is no exception, as many players receive the error “No supported DXGI adapter was found”, and we’ll show you a fix that you can use to get rid of it.
What is this error? The error with the DXGI adapter in Modern Warfare 2 is a problem with the graphics drivers. Both major vendors Nvidia and AMD are affected here, although the latter seems to have fewer problems. No matter which brand your graphics card is from, we’ll show you how to fix the “No DXGI adapter found” error for MW2. (Fix takes about 5 minutes)
How to fix the “No DXGI adapter found” error for Modern Warfare 2
To fix the error, you don’t have to do anything as an Nvidia user other than update your graphics driver. What sounds like a joke has actually been the simplest solution for most users — including us! If that doesn’t work, or if you are an AMD user, follow these steps:
1. fix Modern Warfare 2 in an unusual way
- Start the Battle Net launcher and select Modern Warfare 2 in your library.
- Next to the “Play” button you will find a gear.
- Click on it and select “Scan & Repair”.
Okay, now it gets unusual as promised: Wait until your scan has reached about 10% and then simply cancel it. If you start Modern Warfare 2 now, you will have to download shader files again. This should not be a problem, do it! Once that is done, you should not get the “No DXGI adapter found” error again.
No fix for “No DXGI adapter found” helped you? Then follow the instructions below to fix the error.
2. check system requirements
It might sound a bit obvious, but if you keep getting the error in Modern Warfare 2, then you should check if your PC meets the (minimum) system requirements. You can read about the system requirements here: Modern Warfare 2: PC Launch Times and System Requirements
3. install system and software updates
If the error “No DXGI adapter found” occurs frequently when playing Modern Warfare 2, you should not only check your graphics card drivers, but also your system and the software itself. Maybe you haven’t installed the latest system updates yet. So check your PC’s system settings under Windows Updates to see if you might have overlooked an essential update.
|More about Modern Warfare 2|
4. verify the integrity of the system files completely.
Another reason why you get the “No DXGI adapter found” error on Modern Warfare 2 and can’t fix it could be broken game files. On the PC, check the files for errors as follows.
Verify Steam data:
- Launch Steam and go to the game library.
- Right-click on the game title in your Steam library to open the context menu and click on “Properties”.
- Select the “Local Files” tab and click on “Check Game Files for Errors”.
- If Steam detects an error, it will automatically re-download the affected files.
Verify Battlenet data:
- Launch Battlenet and select Modern Warfare 2.
- Click on the gear next to the game button.
- Select “Scan and Repair” here.
- Wait until the scan is complete and try again.
Did all this help, not help you? Then visit us on our Discord, we will take the time and help you! Just write to one of the admins or post in the community channels!