In our guide on Loot in DayZ, we’ll tell you how Loot distribution & spawns work in DayZ, what the calculations are behind them, and how you can use them to your advantage. We’ll also introduce you to a powerful tool that will help you find exactly what you need.
What’s it about? Loot in DayZ is a science in itself, and very few players have a full grasp of it. So that you belong to the players who have a clear view, we have written this guide. Here’s what you can expect:
- How does Loot work in DayZ?
- Tier Map explained
- Where can you find which loot?
- This way, you’ll always find exactly the items you’re looking for.
Loot in DayZ (1.18) how the Loot spawn works & filtering
Loot distribution via MS-Paint? The developers have tagged Loot in DayZ, of which there are a total of 15 different ones. They then assigned a color code to these Loot tags and painted them on a map of Chernarus and Livonia. It may sound surprising, but yes, a paintbrush á la Paint is used to distribute Loot in DayZ. But why is that important?
With the help of the free program “DayZ Tools”, which you can find in your Steam library, you can view every loot tag and its distribution. Unlike the interactive DayZ map, you can see exactly where each loot spawns, and as a server owner, you can even customize it.
The DayZ Tools also show you the different loot zones on a tier map, of which there are four on Chernarus. This is probably the best known fact: Loot in DayZ is divided into different tiers. The weakest loot is found on the coast, the best in the far north. But there is much more to it!
Loot Tiers & Zones in DayZ – Where is which Loot?
Once again, we take a look at the DayZ tools and the map of Chernarus. You can see five different colored zones here. One zone along the coast, one zone directly behind it. A third in the heart of Chernarus, a fourth in the northwest of the map. Yes, and then there is a fifth zone, which is distributed on the map in spots.
Tier Map in DayZ – All Loot Zones & what you can find here
- Tier 1: The first Loot Zone is located on the coast. Here you start as a player and therefore there is mainly basic loot. Among other things, you’ll find the most food on the map here. Clothing in Tier 1 is colorful and flashy, weapons are scarce.
- Tier 2: In this zone you will find a little less food and also the clothes remain colorful. On the other hand, the clothes are more practical than skirts and pantsuits, jackets and jeans are often found. Weapons also appear here more often now.
- Tier 3: In this zone you will find much less food than before. For the first time, clothing is no longer colorful, but available in practical green, brown and camouflage. The NW Airfield is also located in this zone. Also many other military outposts like at Vybor are located in here. So military equipment is the main focus.
- Tier 4: This loot zone covers only a small area in the north-west of the map around the military base of Tisy. Here you can find the best loot in the game, highly concentrated. To loot here, however, you should wear a protective suit against the toxic gases.
- Tier 5 Unique Loot: This category includes helicopter crash sites, dynamic trains and certain areas in big cities. Here you’ll mainly find explosive ordnance like grenade launchers or material for explosive devices.
Loot tool helps you to always find the loot you are looking for
On the website wobo.tools/dayz you can discover a Loot Finder. In this tool, you enter the item you want to find. Afterwards, the Loot Finder spits out all locations where you can find the desired item in DayZ. The tool is currently limited to the two official maps Chernarus and Livonia.