In the co-op RPG Genshin Impact you have to collect the pinecone resource for various actions and items. We tell you where and how to find the material for cooking.
These Are Pinecones: Pinecones are a new resource that you can find in the Mondstadt region and Dragonspine since Genshin Impact update 2.6. It is mainly used to cook 3 recipes.
This is where you can find Pinecones in Genshin Impact
In order to find Pinecones, you have to keep an eye out for trees, because there the cones are more spread out on the ground.
- Check under trees, especially in the Mondstadt area.
- There are also often a few cones lying around in critter hideouts.
- Pinecones can also be found under the trees in the Dragonspine Region.
You can also see all currently available spawn points on the map:
|More Genshin Impact Guides|
For what are Pinecones used?
As mentioned at the beginning, the Pinecones are required for cooking recipes, but also to complete one or the other event quest.
For these items you need the resource:
- Recipe Sauteed Matsutake: 2 pinecones, 3 matsutake, 3 flour, 2 butter
- Recipe Mondstadt Hash Brown: 2 pine cones, 1 potato, 1 jam
- Recipe Puppy-Paw Hash Brown: 2 pinecones, 1 potato, 1 jam
Other Uses: In the “Marvelous Merchandise” event, the wandering merchant can also ask you for pinecones. In the future, more recipes and missions that make use of this resource may be added to the game. So always keep your eyes open when you wander through Mondstadt.