By reading this guide, you will learn how to break Yurgir’s Contract in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Exploring the expanses of Baldur’s Gate 3, you will have many difficult choices that will affect your progress. One of them is related to the orthon Yurgir, who was tricked by the devil Raphael into signing an eternal contract between them. And only you can help him. Break Yurgir’s Contract is an alternative sub-task for the Kill Raphael’s Old Enemy quest. It takes place in Shadow Cursed Lands at the Gauntlet of Shar location, during Act 2. Below, we will tell you how to find a loophole and break Yurgir’s Contract.
BG3: Talk to Raphael
You will be met by the devil Raphael at the entrance to the Grand Mausoleum and asked to kill his old enemy Yurgir. If you have Astarion in your team, he will become thrilled because thanks to this, Raphael will provide information about his past.
BG3: How to Find Yurgir
- Go through the Grand Mausoleum to the Gauntlet of Shar, and there will be several puzzles and battles to overcome on your way.
- When you get to the Gauntlet of Shar, take the elevator up and complete the Mausoleum Light puzzle.
- After finishing the puzzle, go north.
- Then you should go down to the right to find the beast that will bring you to Yurgir himself.
Here are the coordinates of Yurgir’s chamber: X:-670, Y:-750.
BG3: How to Break Yurgir’s Contract
After starting a dialogue with Yurgir, you will know that Raphael tricked him into killing the Dark Justiciars and made an eternal contract with him. So, if you have chosen the path of justice and want to break Yurgir’s Contract, these are the options you need to choose in the dialogue:
- Wait – you know Raphael?
- He wants you dead.
- Let’s share our experiences about Raphael. Perhaps we can help each other.
- Show me this contract. Perhaps there’s something you missed.
- Raphael wanted you to kill Dark Justiciars? Why?
- It’s Raphael you want, not me.
- There’s a necromancer called Balthazar elsewhere in the temple – perhaps he’s the one you need to kill.
- (Persuasion) There must be something you missed. Let me search this place for you.
After the dialogue, go to the lower level of the Gauntlet of Shar. Head west from the center of the Yurgir throne chamber. Go down the cragged rock to get to the statue’s feet. The coordinates of the place you need are X:-719, Y:-725.
Then do the following:
- Interact with the book One Becomes Many, which is located at the feet of the statue. It will have a note from Raphael.
- Interact with the broken image.
- After that, a rat will appear, attack it and be prepared that their number will increase many times over, and you need to defeat them all.
- The last of them will turn into the Dark Justiciar, who must not be left alive because he is the key to breaking Yurgir’s Contract. Since he is alone, it will not be difficult for you.
Go back to Yurgir to tell him that you’ve stopped the contract, although Raphael will keep coming back with offers of a new contract. We must note that your companion Astarion will not be that happy because you did not fulfil the agreement with Raphael. And while you are here, make sure to check our guide on how to get to Tolna’s Office and how to find The Annals of Karsus in Baldur’s Gate 3.