Redfall has a big performance problem on the PC at release. But with specific settings, it is possible to get up to 20 FPS more out of the shooter with only a slight loss in quality.
How to get more FPS in Redfall: On release day, Arkane’s open world shooter leaves a lot to be desired technically. Many players complain about poor performance on the PC, even on high-end hardware. But that’s no reason for you to worry, because we have thoroughly checked Redfall’s graphics section and found settings that give you up to 20 FPS more.
Redfall Performance Guide: The Best Graphics Settings
On our test system consisting of …
- Core i7-8700k with 6x 3.7 GHz
- GeForce RTX 3060
- 32 gigabytes DDR4 RAM
… Redfall ran quite acceptably at maximum settings with an average of 80 FPS. Nevertheless, we could quickly spot the optimization weaknesses. It has to be said that Redfall’s graphics are very idiosyncratic, because reduced quality settings even lead to fewer frames per second in some areas. Therefore, you should make the settings we made in the screenshot below exactly the same or in the same proportion.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Open the pause menu in the running game and select “Settings”, then the item “Graphics”.
- Scroll down a bit and move the slider to the right of “Global Quality” to “Custom”. This is the only way the settings options will appear like in the image.
- If your computer is too weak for the suggested settings, first reduce all setting categories by one level each.
- Note: For more than 60 FPS you need to deactivate the option “V-Sync”!
Optionally, you can reduce the field of view to 75°; the default setting is 90°. This will give you a few extra FPS. This might be a no-go for some gamers, which is completely okay. The bulk of the extra FPS is gained elsewhere anyway.
Below you can see the result of our graphics adjustments. By the way, the result uses a field of view of 75°, in the comparison image the regular 90° are set.
Want to join our community and discuss about Redfall? Then feel free to join our Discord server or visit us on Facebook. We look forward to seeing you there!