With Update 0.9.9.97 (Environment Update), the developers of Arma: Reforger are significantly enhancing the game world of Everon. We’ll reveal the most important new content and improvements from the latest patch notes.
Overview of the Update: With the Environment Update, Bohemia Interactive’s developers aim to take the next step in realism. They’ve introduced countless new effects and assets to the game. This makes the game world of Everon even more beautiful, vibrant, and believable.
Arma Reforger – All the New Additions on Everon from the Environment Update
- There are new hiking trails on Everon.
- The churches on Everon are now available in various colors.
- With the power plant, there is a new accessible building on the Arma Reforger map.
- New assets are available, such as trailers, camping equipment, benches, and many other small details.
- Birds now fly over the island and even react to sounds.
- The waves on the coast have a new effect when they meet the land.
- There are now beehives and other insect nests with insects buzzing around them.
Arma Reforger – All new features on Everon from the Environment Update
Here is a summary of the updates and changes:
- Added: New power plant location in Everon
- Added: Tourist trails on Everon
- Added: Set of recreational props on Everon
- Added: Flavor update with murals, posters, and notice boards
- Added: New color variants of Church_01
- Added: New variants of cargo containers
- Added: Ocean simulation synchronization
- Added: Ambient bird flocks triggered by noise in the surroundings
- Changed: Updated Satmap on Everon
- Changed: Increased saline bag effect from 30 to 90 seconds
- Changed: Map markers configured
- Changed: Squad marker – players’ own squad now has higher opacity than others
- Changed: Squad marker info layout with squad leader nickname marked with an icon
- Changed: Squad marker refresh rate to 10 seconds
- Changed: Squad leader markers are now clickable and display group info on hover
- Tweaked: Blending of ADS state in different situations
- Tweaked: Damage application of missiles when hitting vehicles
- Fixed: Performance issues with spawned animals resolved
- Fixed: Player remains authenticated after the game mode reset – the server was showing fewer players in the server browser
- Fixed: Player reconnection message does not indicate FAIL with authentication
- Fixed: ArmaVision Camera was visible on a map, allowing players to exploit it as a map marker
- Fixed: HUD Manager’s Layer Handlers didn’t register themselves to HUD Manager upon initialization
- Fixed: Base supplies are no longer deducted for pre-built services when loading a save
- Fixed: Game Master budgets desynchronizing for clients
- Fixed: Newly joined Game Master Clients have the wrong budget information
- Fixed: Arland base couldn’t be captured because of defender FIA AI being spawned inside of a fuel tank
- Fixed: A turret could keep shooting after the character in it became unconscious
- Fixed: 2D Optics – Binoculars overlay stuck on screen when exiting free building mode
- Fixed: 2D Optics – Non-illuminated reticles may become translucent
- Fixed: Multiple issues with nametags
- Changed: AI simulation was spread through multiple frames by default
- Fixed: Navmesh Server should run only when using Workbench.
- Fixed: Streaming of player-controlled entity could be broken
- Fixed: Current muzzle not correctly replicated
- Added: Ambient Insects
- Added: Shore waves effect
- Added: Tessendorf foam accumulation
- Added: Particles – Emissivity curve
- Added: Per-effect particle collision presets
- Added: Particle lights – world-space relative y-translation
- Added: Particle light shadows
- Changed: Forest Generator now supports partial regeneration
- Tweaked: Particle emissivity multiplier – better behavior for LV < 0
- Tweaked: Particles – Better behavior of emissivity map
- Added: ParticleEffectEntity is now replacing SCR_ParticleEmitter
- Added: BaseWorld::GetTimeSlice script API
- Added: Ability to disable AIGroup/AIAgent from script and code
- Added: Particles API getters/setters support for Max LV param
- Added: Dynamic marker example class with documentation
- Changed: Separate replication from ParticleEffectEntity to an inherited entity ReplicatedParticleEffectEntity
- Changed: DamageManger requires RplComponent now
- Fixed: Crash when there is no effect position in MuzzleEffectComponent
- Fixed: Crash when there is no effect position in MotorExhaustEffectComponent
- Added: Downloading calculation of size between version patches
- Added: Author block/report cancel when joining a server
- Tweaked: Workshop – download speed optimization
- Fixed: Crash when addon download fails due to CRC check or corrupted SHA
- Fixed: Workshop – download may freeze if the connection is unstable
- Fixed: Exiting the game during mod download corrupts said mod and redownloading shows download progress exceeding 100%
- Fixed: Interrupted add-on download fails after continuing
- Fixed: Various download issues
- Fixed: Xbox Workshop – Download is aborted if the addon cannot fit
Enfusion Blender Tools
- Fixed: Batch FBX export no longer adds leaf bones
- Fixed: Compartment occupant was cleared too early leading to a server crash later
- Fixed: Crash that happened when destructible entities had HandleDamage called with non-valid damage types
- Fixed: Crash when trying to host the game from the client
- Fixed: Crash when download fails due to lack of storage space
- Fixed: Workbench crash with EquipedLoadoutStorageComponent
- Fixed: Crash caused by improper handling of controls
- Fixed: Linux server crash with gamecode::EntitySlotInfo::DetachEntity
- Fixed: Crash when meleeing a fire hydrant. DamageContext’s lifetime could expire, resulting in a crash.
- Fixed: Game crashes when opening server details in quick succession
- Fixed: WB crashes if it starts with broken scripts
- Fixed: Crash when downloading addon on Xbox
- Added: WaterDepth signal
- Added: Dedicated sounds for explosions in water