Developer Dice has announced that the day-one patch for Battlefield 2042 will be released one day before the release. We’ll reveal what’s in the patch notes.
What is a Day One Patch? In general, Day One patches are updates that contain changes, fixes and, more rarely, content. This is mostly content that was completed after the publisher’s deadline. Now the developers submit them as download files at the start of the game. In the case of Battlefield, the Day One Patch includes:
- Server updates
- Improved technology
- Bug fixes
- Balancing adjustments
- PC exclusive fixes
Day One Patch from Battlefield 2042: What’s in it & when will it be released?
The Battlefield Day One Patch focuses on problems that were known before the shooter was released. Developer Dice emphasizes this in the official blog and that should piss off many players (via ea.com).
As a reminder: At launch, Battlefield 2042 may be by far the smoothest of all Battlefield games, but that’s no wonder with this economy package. Only 7 maps, 22 maps, 3 game modes (Plus Portal) and 13 vehicles are included at the start. Nevertheless, it is precisely the Time To Kill that bumps up many people.
When is the Day One Patch coming? The Battlefield 2042 Day One Patch will be released in this country on November 18th at 9:00 a.m. Then the servers are also offline for about an hour.
Battlefield 2042 Day One Update Patchnotes
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
|More about Battlefield 2042|
These updates are coming in the future for Battlefield 2042
The second big patch, the Day 10 Update, will contain many “Quality Of Life” changes. Some users assume that this will contain improvements for the sometimes overloaded UI and HUD. But we will learn exactly what is hidden therein not until November 30, 2021.
The third patch, the Day 25 Update, should then introduce the first new content in Battlefield 2042. If we believe the well-known insider and leaker Tom Henderson, there are 6 to 8 new weapons included, some maps, gadgets and vehicles. This update will be released on December 7th, 2021.