The Halloween Event 2023 by DayZ has started and brings many seasonal items and map changes, which we will reveal to you in this content overview!
The Content at a Glance: With the Halloween Event of DayZ, fans receive a set of the same items every year, which are also returning in 2023. Additionally, there are many new features. Overall, you can look forward to the following:
- The Halloween Event starts on October 17.
- Parts of the Chernarus and Livonia maps will turn into spooky ghost places
- There are new enemy types like Mummy Zombies
- You can find, wear & craft with Halloween-specific items.
All Content of the Halloween Event in DayZ 2023
The content of the Halloween update includes map changes, clothing, enemies, and items, all of which can be found from October 17 to November 07. Following the event, you can expect the release of the new DayZ Update 1.23!
All Halloween Items & Clothing
- Jack-O-Lantern Helmet: You can use this glowing pumpkin head as a lantern or wear it as night vision goggles. Your night vision will turn orange. The helmet does not require a battery.
- Hood: Clothing worn by the infected. If you kill an infected wearing this hood, you get it.
- Armored Hood: A hood equipped with a chain hood, offering protection against melee attacks. You can craft the hood by combining the hood and chain hood.
- Witch Hat: Also worn by the infected.
- Carnival Mask: A new mask inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead.
- Witch Broom: You can find the birch broom or witch broom in sheds or garden huts. They also spawn at helicopter crashes and convoys. Author Kevin Willing also tested whether the brooms are flammable as in the Halloween Event 2022 — but this does not seem to be the case.
- Cauldron: The witch cauldron also returns from the last Halloween Event and can be used for cooking.
All Changes to the Game World at Halloween
- Ghost Zones: Some areas in the game world of Livonia and Chernarus are shrouded in dark fog. These zones play creepy sounds, like children laughing. Also, you will cool down quickly in these zones.
- Toxic Zones: The toxic zones have also been adjusted and appear as white smoke instead of green steam. The injuries you receive from the gas are accompanied by the sound of rattling bones.
This is one of the spooky zones in the DayZ Halloween Update
New Enemy Types in the Halloween Event 2023
- Black Goats: There are now goats whose eyes glow red and emit loud screams.
- Mummies: The mummies glow yellow at night and are extremely strong. Without a firearm, you should not face them.
What happens to the items after the Halloween Event?
The Halloween Event of DayZ ends on November 07, and subsequently, all seasonal items should be removed. The developers recently confirmed a wipe for Update 1.23 and state here that characters will keep their equipment (via twitter.com). Guided author Kevin Willing asked the developers whether Halloween items would also disappear. The answer was:
Why should we get rid of the Halloween items?
As soon as we learn more about the upcoming wipe and the items for the Halloween update, we will update this section. Until then, we warmly invite you to join our Discord and the DayZ page on Facebook. You can find all links via Linktr.ee!