A few minutes ago, DayZ Update 1.16 was released on the Experimental servers. The update includes a new weapon, attachments and an alarm clock. Guided.news now tells you what else you can expect in the patch.
With the latest update 1.16 of DayZ you will not only get a new gun, attachments or many bug fixes. The coolest thing about the update is the alarm clock, which you can use tactically against zombies — we’ll tell you how to do that later!
DayZ Update 1.16 brings the coolest item ever – patch notes
When will update 1.16 be released? Back on, January 27 at 15:00 CET, DayZ Update 1.16 was released on the Experimental servers for PC and Xbox. Now three weeks later, on 15. February, the update is playable on the live servers for everyone.
New weapon with huge magazine
As you would expect from a good DayZ update, version 1.16 also brings a new weapon. This time you get the Bizon, a Russian submachine gun. On top of that, the developers have added a 64-round magazine. Fitting for a weapon with such a high rate of fire — at least in the real world. Whether the Bizon is as much of a Biezt in DayZ as it is in real life remains to be seen.
A seemingly inconspicuous item has also made it into patch 1.16. Now you can use an alarm clock to lure zombies away from you or to steer them in a certain direction.
Just imagine that you spot a player in an unfavorable position for you. If you throw the ringing alarm clock in his direction, you can drive him out: the zombies are sure to have an appetite! Besides, the alarm clock is responsible for another task: It tells the time — Yaha, no joke.
The most important adjustments in update 1.16
- Placing base items is now easier thanks to technical adjustments.
- You can no longer bury ruined items.
- Mushrooms now give you more water and food.
- Now you can tear some jackets into shreds of cloth.
- You can no longer remove fireplaces that have already been placed in a barrel.
- Now you can bury bodies and backpacks using the pickaxe.
- You can now repair protective containers and ammo boxes with epoxy.
- It is now possible to build splints for broken bones with Duct Tape.
- 5.56x45mm ammo has a lower penetration rate.
- Bear traps can no longer kill zombies, they just break their legs.
- If a tent takes damage, the items inside are now damaged as well.
- If you have bloody hands and drink from a can or bottle, you will no longer get sick.
|More about DayZ
All Bugfixes in DayZ Update 1.16
- Player sees heavy attack animation as light attack animation with mouse and keyboard
- Combine option between Gas Stove and Gas Canisters was not functioning properly
- C130 plane had misplaced textures
- “Disinfected” item status was missing grey highlight box
- Item UI elements were not displaying the name of the item when aiming at it
- Player sometimes stepping forward during melee combat with a close target while only intended for far targets
- Fireplaces wouldn’t properly disappear if the last attachment removed were stones or a tripod
- It was possible to detach the tripod from the fireplace while a pot was attached
- “Place” UI element would show up falsely when pointing at an indoor fireplace with selected consumables
- Dead chicken couldn’t be buried after being picked up and dropped
- Fire mode of the revolver was changing during shooting
- Shock was not decreasing when swimming backward/sideways with broken legs
- Moving with broken legs while crouched could deal unsteady amounts of shock damage
- Infected/players would not show the “+” symbol in the inventory view when they had only items as attachments
- Dug up items were levitating above the ground
- Client error when attaching/detaching items to/from the tripwire trap
- In specific cases the tripwire trap did not display its attachment slot
- Smoke from a ruined car engine was only displayed for the driver
- Attacking with animal carcasses could cause blood particles and knife slashing sounds
- The inventory of the Sarka 120 was accessible through its engine, rather than the trunk
- Player could be desynced if their legs were broken during an action
- The player could be desynced if their legs were broken while swapping items
- Locked indoor stoves could not be opened by force
- Interrupting two-handed animations by dropping the tool could freeze the character
- Infected were able to climb fences with barbed wire on top
- The UI of a deployed land mine could be seen when holding another land mine in hands
- Shooting while on back after kicking would play the kick animation after each shot
- Hitting the back of players heads would hit the brain instead of the head
- Sounds of disease symptoms of another player were played from the wrong position
- Fixed several inconsistencies when it comes to bullet penetration of objects
- The combination lock would play a sound while in hands without being actively used
- The light source of the head torch was in the wrong position
- Fixed an exploit for extended melee hit distance
- The flame of the gas stove was slightly clipping with the frying pan
- Slightly improved twisted wrists when holding certain items
- Several head gear items were clipping with the female survivor head introduced in 1.15
- Fixed typographic errors on the 1PN51 Scope
- Infected had bad collisions while crawling
- It was possible to hit players inside a vehicle with melee from the opposite side
- Wolves could injure players inside vehicles
- It was possible to survive without food at all by only drinking
- Some localized settings weren’t fully displayed
- It was possible to place land mines under train tracks
- Names of vehicle parts were not present when the car became ruined
- Traps were not reacting to vehicles
- It was possible to destroy the fence frame before the actual wall
- Adjusted certain structures to prevent exploits
- Fixed a badly reflecting window at the yellow brick military building
- Some items could not be picked up at the NWAF construction site
- It was possible to bury corpses inside buildings
- FOV settings changes were not saved upon reconnect
- Respawn points for server switching were not functioning as intended
- Sounds of flies were persisting even after the body despawned
- Adjusted misleading description of Codein tablets