Developer Crytek discussed the upcoming update 1.13 in today’s Hunt: Showdown developer livestream. We at Guided.news summarize all the essential information for you.
When did the stream run? The dev stream ran on Tuesday evening, 30 May 2023, from around 19:00 CEST on Crytek’s official Twitch channel. There, the developers presented more details about the upcoming update 1.13 to their community. Now the update is live and can be played. In the following you will find all the patchnotes.
All New Features in Hunt: Showdown Update 1.13
New Shooting Range for Testing Weapons & Loadouts
Update 1.13 brings the Shooting Range into the game to test weapons and loadouts. You can enter the Shooting Range via the lobby, either alone or with up to two friends. The Shooting Range, which is located in Fort Carming, has 5 main areas:
- Short Range Test Area: Here you can test your short-range weapons.
- Medium Range Test Area: Here you can test your medium-range weapons.
- Long Range Test Area: Here you can test your long-range weapons.
- Throwable Test Area: Here you can test your throwing weapons like Molotov’s.
- Projectile Penetration Test Area: Here you can test how well your weapons can shoot through objects.
Within the shooting range you will find a number of weapons to test all sorts of things. You can also test various traits and find ammunition boxes.
The test dummies have 150 health points and respawn after about 3 seconds. So that you can also see how much damage you are doing, the damage is displayed in different colors on the dummy.
Other players can also join your shooting range to test all situations extensively. They can kill you, or you can kill them. You can be revived when you die – either at the exact location with 100% health points (Revive) or at a nearby location (Respawn). The multiplayer shooting range is limited to 25 minutes per match.
The developers say the Shooting Range is the perfect place for 1V1 battles. However, the Shooting Range does not affect your standard loadout or progress.
Billy Story and the Stalker Beetle Questline
The Billy Story and Stalker Beetle Questline now has a timer. You have until 14 September 2023 to complete this quest.
- With update 1.12, a tutorial has been added to the game. Update 1.13 adds the first improvements to the bounty shooter.
- Quickplay is now called “Soul Survivor
- Important bug fixes:
- Preset loadouts now do not buy Legendarys.
- Your ammo count is now correctly displayed in the UI.
- Windows can be destroyed by weapons and melee again.
- Throwing axes and knives are no longer destroyed when enemies you threw them at despawn.
- Various bugs in the combat log have been fixed.
Gameplay Changes in Hunt: Showdown Update 1.13
Ammo Supply Rework
The current ammo system of the ammo boxes is percentage based. Some weapons with more rounds in the magazine have thus received more ammo than others. This will now change. Each ammunition box will give you a fixed amount of ammunition.
However, you will only receive one type of ammunition you currently carry at the ammunition boxes.
Other ammunition changes:
- Dual Wielding: You get small extra ammo from Dual Wielding Weapons. This ensures that you do not take Dual Wielding Weapons into the match to have extra ammunition for your main weapon.
- Incendiary Ammunition: Incendiary ammunition now ignites players immediately if you are close enough to your opponent. Large calibers have a longer range here. The Salveskin trait will protect you from burns.
- Ammo Box: The ammo box is now unlocked at Rank 1.
- Dumdum: The Dumdum ammo now provides stronger bleeding.
- Explosive: The amount of explosive ammo has been increased and is now equal to normal ammo.
- Krag: All Krag variants now have 8 rounds in the magazine instead of 6.
- Bomb Lance: The Bomb Lance can now equip 2 types of ammunition.
Of course, there will be some balance changes with Update 1.13. Crytek presented a few of the highlights in the stream:
- Sticky Bombs can now take players down at a higher radius.
- Machete damage has been increased to allow for one-hit kills.
- All shotguns now do more damage against Hives and Armoreds.
- Throwing knives can now kill horses with one hit.
- The reload of the Romero Handcannon is now slightly faster.
- The reload of the Romero Hatched is now slightly slower.
- The Martini Henry now shoots slightly faster and you can pick up more extra ammunition.
- The speed of the Winfield 1873 Musket is now slightly faster.
- The Nagant Officer Carbine and the Deadeye variant now have better recoil.
- The Mosin-Nagant Avtomat now has stronger horizontal and vertical recoil.
- Resilience now heals you completely.
- Assailant cost has been reduced from 2 to 1.
- Mission Summary Accolades:
- Hunters who reach level 50 now receive 500 Hunt Dollars.
- If you close 4 Rifts in a match, you will receive 75 Bounty instead of 25.
- The battle log now also shows events that happen shortly after your death. For example, subsequent hits on the target.
- Over 100 tips have been added to the loading screen based on your own progress.
- Questline weapon variants will be added to the regular weapon arsenal once the quests are officially completed.
New Legendary Content in Update 1.13
- Weapon: New Army – “Deputy”
- Weapon: Martini Henry Ironside – “Heaven’s Key”
- Weapon: Winfield Slate – “Eulogy”
- Weapon: Scottfield – “Judge”
- Weapon: Scottfield Swift – “Jury”
- Weapon: Chain Pistol – “Widower”
- Weapon: Vetterli Carbine – “The Noose”
- Extra: Weak Vitality Shot – “Sanguis Christi”
- Extra: Sticky Bomb – “Equine Heart”
- Extra: Knuckle Knife – “Knotted Spine”
Would you like to join our community and discuss Hunt: Showdown? Then join our new Discord server, we look forward to seeing you!