On February 15, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Warzone 2.0 and DMZ will launch Season 02. Even before the official patch notes are released, developer Infinity Ward talks about all the new features in a community blog. We summarize!
Here’s what’s going on: On the official Call of Duty website, developer Infinity Ward has published a detailed community blog about the upcoming changes of Season 02. In this it is about general changes, the multiplayer mode, Warzone 2.0 and DMZ. Season 2 will start on February 15, and more information and the complete patch notes will follow in the next few days and weeks.
Season 02 Global Changes in Modern Warfare 2, Warzone 2 and DMZ
The global changes of Season 02 affect all Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 modes, including Warzone 2.0 and DMZ Mode. The main focus is on increased stability and thus fewer crashes, but also on other small game improvements and bug fixes. One of the bigger changes here is probably the weapon balancing, as it is the case with every season or mid-season.
- Improved navigation and organization of Camo menu
- More polished Social tab, including improved channel swapping and player muting
- New “My Bundles” screen
- Quick equip items from Battlepass, My Bundles, and Store
- Reticle previews in Store and Gunsmith
- Improved clarity of attachment blocking logic in Gunsmith
- And many more bug fixes
- Instance speed of Recent Players in menu
- Status refresh of Friends
- Improved After Action Report with audio
- Play Again feature in Battle Royale
- Bug fixes for inconsistencies between:
- Battle Pass
- Weapon progression
More changes in detail will come with the patch notes in the coming days or weeks before the release on February 15, 2023.
All Season 2 Changes in Warzone 2.0
Warzone 2.0’s Battle Royale mode will undergo some changes with Season 02 on February 15. This mainly concerns:
- Cash economy
- Loot and inventory
- Other minor adjustments:
- 3 plate vest
- Buying stations
With the start of Season 02, the 1v1 Gulags will return to Warzone. You know these from Warzone 1 and were not available in Warzone 2 until now. To make sure that the 1v1 Gulag can start with S2, the developers have reworked the old map from Warzone 1 but are developing their own 1v1 map for Warzone 2 on the side.
Within the Gulag, the loot has also been adjusted, as well as the loadouts you can spawn with. Assault Rifles, Submachine Guns, and Light Machine Guns have been added to the weapons you can use in the Gulag, while Shotguns have been removed. If you are victorious in the Gulag, you will receive a higher cash reward to return to active gameplay faster. But you can also find money in the Gulag itself, which you can use to return to the game if you are successful.
The money economy will be adjusted with the upcoming Season Update. On the one hand you can get more money in the Gulag, on the other hand, contracts in the Warzone will be rewarded with less cash. The amount of cash you get when looting is also increased. You will be able to collect a minimum of $800 on the ground and $500 from cash registers – previously the minimum was $100.
Loot and Inventory
The loot inventory from Warzone 2 disappears and is replaced by simple drops that float across the floor. This change is intended to increase the speed of gameplay, just as players were used to in Warzone 1. Medium and large backpacks will be a thing of the past, and dead players will drop all their loot on the ground. Also, each player will have the same backpack throughout the game; you won’t be able to find larger ones.
Loadouts have changed with Warzone 2, and Infinity Ward wants to deliver the best gaming experience for everyone. For this reason, the way you get your loadout is constantly being adjusted. More adjustments are coming with Season 2 as well. In Season 2, there will be perk packs with limited perks at launch. Later, more perks will follow once the developers have achieved the right balance.
Primary weapons can still be purchased at buy stations but at a lower price. Loadout drop markers have also been reduced in price to ensure that players can win the match with their favorite weapon. The Loadout Drop Markers can now be found as normal loot in Al Mazrah. Another Loadout Drop event will also be added. The events will start with Season 02 during the first and fifth circles.
Other minor adjustments
With the Season 02 update, there will be other minor adjustments in the Warzone, which we will explain in summary here:
- 3-Plate Vest: Each player now starts with a 3-Plate Vest, and other sizes no longer exist.
- Movement: You can now charge through a door while equipping plates. Also, movement speed is slightly increased while you are equipping plates.
- Buy Stations: To make it easier to get to buy stations, they are now better placed and always in the same position. Loadout drop markers also now have no buy limit.
- Strongholds: Rewards from Fortresses and the Black Sites are improved, and AI damage is also further adjusted.
All Changes in DMZ Mode
The DMZ of Warzone 2.0 will undergo some changes with Season 02 on February 15. This mainly concerns:
- Enemy Tuning: The AI was very challenging in Season 01 of Warzone 2 DMZ. Season 02 will be adjusted to be challenging but quite manageable. So fewer of them spawn, the stronger variants don’t spawn as early, and their aiming accuracy has also been decreased.
- Spawn Points: The spawn points in Al Mazrah will be adjusted to be fair for everyone. So you will spawn with your squad in areas where you can at least find Loot and Contracts. The spawn points where nothing can be found will disappear from the game.
- Mission difficulty: The difficulty of the faction missions will be reduced. The higher-tier missions will remain challenging, but everything up to Tier 4 will become easier.
- Season Refresh: With Season 02, the DMZ will have completely new missions. Your current faction progress will be reset, and your keys will also be removed from your inventory.
- Locations: Season 02 will get a new exclusion zone to start in the DMZ. The new missions will send you across all zones, including Building 21.
All Changes in the Multiplayer
Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer mode also gets some adjustments with Season 02.
- Perk balancing: With Season 02, you will reach the Bonus Perks 50% faster and the Ultimate Perks 25% faster. This should ensure that you can use the Ghost Perk faster within a match.
- Weapon Balancing: With the upcoming Season, not only a few weapons will be reworked, but you can also expect 5 completely new weapons. You will find out which ones in the patch notes.
Hardcore: Hardcore mode returns to Modern Warfare 2, replacing Tier 1 mode.
- Valentine’s Day Playlists are returning.
- In the coming weeks, Season 02’s multiplayer modes will be revealed in detail.
- Infinity Ward will create a Twitter poll one week per month when you can vote on one of the week’s playlists, consisting of a rotating pool.
- Ranked Play: Season 02 marks the launch of Ranked Play in partnership with Treyarch, the Call of Duty League, and Infinity Ward. Details on Ranked Maps, modes, and more will be available separately before launch on February 15.
What Else is Coming?
On February 8, the developers will present more information about the upcoming small map for Warzone 2.0, including the return of Resurgence. We will, of course, keep you up to date with all the information and patch notes.
|More about Modern Warfare 2