The new Hunt Showdown Map DeSalle has long been expected by the community and is finally playable, but what exactly awaits you on the most beautiful Hunt Map?
New map is here: The Hunt Showdown Community has been waiting for the new DeSalle map for over a year. Developer Crytek really took its time, and that’s a good thing. Because DeSalle is probably the best map of the horror shooter Hunt Showdown. But what exactly can players expect on Xbox and PlayStation who did not have access to test servers?
Hunt Showdown Map DeSalle comes with Giga update
Update dates: Update 1.6, which DeSalle implements in Hunt Showdown among other things, offers even more than the map itself. But there are many other changes and innovations in the Hunt Update 1.6.
What puffs up the 30 gigabytes is clear: DeSalle is there and within minutes it is becoming the most popular map in Hunt Showdown. Admittedly, there are only three, but the first two are very similar. All good things are probably 3 and now the map has to show what it can do in the long run.
Features of the DeSalle hunt map
- Autumn ambience: trees are losing orange-brown leaves, the position of the sun is even lower.
- Verticality: DeSalle is the first map in Hunt Showdown that relies more on vertical gameplay. That means there are mountains, hills, cliffs and jump passages here.
- Less water: In the developer livestream for the presentation of the new map, the
- developers admitted: Water is not a fun game environment, it is annoying. That is why there are no swamps on DeSalle, but a few rivers.
- Compound design: There are around 14 compounds / locations on DeSalle. Some of them are only a few seconds’ walk apart. The devs have made use of this density and connected the compounds using bridges or special transport routes.
- Open boss area: For the first time in Hunt, you can fight a boss in the open air. But be careful, other players can spot you from afar.
|More News & Guides about Hunt Showdown|
Start & Performance: A few hours ago, the official Hunt Showdown Twitter account confirmed that Update 1.6 including the map is coming today. You can now download it on Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation. The quick play mode and fixed bounty hunt contracts will only be activated for DeSalle in a few days.
The servers currently seem a bit loaded, but not overloaded. It remains to be seen how that changes in prime time as more players flock to the servers. In order not to miss anything on this and many other aspects of Hunt Showdown, it’s best to follow us on Twitter.