In Hogwarts Legacy, you have the chance to unlock talents, improvements, and upgrades that can give you certain advantages in the game. Our guide will show you what talents are available and what upgrades they bring.
Why use talents? Talents are used to improve your skills, which, depending on the category, will improve the corresponding skills. The improved abilities will gradually change your game flow and your character’s performance for the better.
These five talent categories are available in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Spells: Boosts the effect of all spells learned.
- Dark Arts: Increases your ability to handle the dark arts.
- Core: Improves your general abilities.
- Stealth: Improves your deception and stealth abilities.
- Room of Requirements: Increases the abilities that you use in the Room of Wishes.
Unlock Talents and Earn Talent Points
You can use talent points to unlock each talent when you reach the appropriate level for that talent. The levels at which new talents are created are 5, 16, and 22. Talent points are earned after you reach level 5 by leveling up your character. With each level, you gain one talent point, which you can then allocate as you wish.
All Talents of The Spell Category
In the spell category, you can spend a total of 10 talent points, which will give you the following talents including enhancements:
- Accio Mastery: Enemies that are near the item you are trying to pull toward you will also be pulled toward you.
- Confingo Mastery: The impacts caused by Confingo create lightning bolts that attack your enemies.
- Depulso Mastery: When using Depulso, it creates another explosion around you.
- Diffindo Mastery: When used, it goes through hitting enemies to hit more.
- Incendio Mastery: Using Incendio, it creates a ring of flames around you.
- Levioso Mastery: Enemies near the item you levitate will also levitate.
- Bombarda Mastery: Causes an explosion, with a very large radius.
- Descendo Mastery: Creates a shockwave around you, causing damage to enemies.
- Glacius Mastery: Take a frozen enemy as a target and shoot Glacius at them, causing splinters to fly through the air that can hurt other enemies.
- Transformation Mastery: Turn enemies you hit with Transformation into explosive items.
|Find more helpful guides, collections, or tips and tricks in our Hogwarts Legacy guide overview.|
All Talents of the Dark Arts Category
You can also use 10 talent points in the dark arts category.
- Stunning Curse: Stupify has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies suffer increased damage.
- Blood Curse: When you deal damage to a cursed target, that damage is transferred to all cursed targets.
- Disarming Curse: Expelliarmus has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Knockback Curse: Flipendo has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies suffer increased damage.
- Slowing Curse: Arresto Momentum has the same effect as a curse on enemies. Cursed enemies take increased damage.
- Crucio Mastery: When you hit an enemy cursed with Crucio, a projectile is released that curses another nearby enemy.
- Enduring Curse: A cursed effect remains on an enemy for an extended period of time.
- Imperio Mastery: An enemy under your control with Imperio curses another target with each successful hit.
- Avada Kedavra Mastery: Killing an enemy with Avada Kedavera kills all cursed enemies.
- Curse Sapper: When you defeat a cursed enemy, a portion of your health is restored.
All talents of the Core category
In this category, you can use 16 talent points.
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise: Ancient magic throw catches and throws disarmed enemy weapons.
- Spell Knowledge I: A new spell set has been added. Hold R2/RT and tap one of your directional keys/arrows to switch to an unlocked set.
- Basic Cast Mastery: Basic spell effects reduce the cooldown of spells.
- Protego Absorption: Successful Protego blocks contribute to ancient magic. Perfect Protego blocks contribute even more.
- Swift: Holding down the Dodge button allows you to quickly disappear and reappear nearby.
- Spell Knowledge II: A new spell set has been added. Hold R2/RT and tap one of your directional keys/arrows to switch to an unlocked set.
- Wiggenwold Potency I: Wiggenwold heals you with greater effect.
- Revelio Mastery: Increases the range of Revelio.
- Spell Knowledge III: A new spell set has been added. Hold R2/RT and tap one of your directional keys/arrows to switch to an unlocked set.
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption: Basic spell effects on enemies in the air add more to Ancient Magic.
- Protego Expertise: If a spell is blocked with Perfect Protego, two projectiles are launched back at the opponent.
- Evasion Absorption: If you successfully dodge an unblockable attack with Dodge, the Ancient Magic meter is increased.
- Stupefy Mastery: Enemies hit with Stupefy remain stunned for an extended period of time.
- Wiggenwold Potency II: Wiggenwold heals you with greater effect.
- Protego Mastery: A perfect Protego releases a damaging blast that breaks through enemy shields.
- Stupefy Expertise: Stupefy deals direct damage on impact.
All Talents of the Stealth category
In this category, you can use 4 talent points.
- Sense of Secrecy I: The ability of enemies to detect you is reduced.
- Human Demiguise: Allows you to sprint when using Disillusionment.
- Sense of Secrecy II: The ability of enemies to detect you is reduced.
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery: Petrificus Totalus creates an area of effect that can hit nearby enemies.
All talents of the Room of Requirements
In this category, you can use 4 talent points.
- Edurus Potion Potency: Edurus Potion makes you invulnerable and deflects projectile attacks on enemies.
- Fertilizer: For every Chinese Cabbage thrown, a second Chinese Cabbage is created and given for free.
- Invisibility Potion Potency: The effect of the invisibility potion lasts undetected for an extended period of time.
- Headache: The damage and duration of Mandrake’s incapacitating effects are increased.
- Maxima Potion Potency: Maxima Potion causes attacks to deal additional damage and break enemy shields.
- Thunderbrew Potency: The range and damage of the potion effect are greatly increased.
- Noxious: Toxic tentacle attacks deal additional damage and break shields.
- Focus Potion Potency: The duration of the effect of the focus potion is increased if any spell from the spell set is cast during its use.
|More Guides of Hogwarts Legacy:|