In Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, PlayStation and Xbox players can also play together with PC players via crossplay. Many see this as a disadvantage compared to console players, but you can turn off crossplay if you want. We’ll tell you how to do that.
Here’s what’s going on: Modern Warfare is available on the PC, Xbox, and PlayStation, and players from all platforms can play together thanks to crossplay. However, the problem some players see here is that PC players have the advantage of mouse & keyboard controls, which are more precise. To not get into a match with PC players.
While PC players have no way to disable crossplay, the crossplay feature can be turned off on consoles, to not get into a match with PC players.
How to Turn Off Crossplay in Modern Warfare 2 on PlayStation
Disabling the crossplay feature on the PlayStation 4 or 5 is quite simple:
- Open your menu in the game via the Options button.
- Select the lowest item “Account & Network”.
- Deactivate the top function “Crossplay”.
If you deactivate crossplay on the PlayStation, you will only meet other players and opponents who also play on the PlayStation. If you want to play with other platforms, you must enable crossplay again and, at best, crossplay communication. This ensures that you can also use the in-game voice chat across platforms.
How to Deactivate Crossplay in Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox
On Xbox, there is no option to disable crossplay directly in Modern Warfare 2’s menu. However, you can still turn off the feature. All you have to do is go to your Xbox’s menu and follow these steps:
- In the Account tab, select “Privacy and Online Security”.
- Go to “Xbox Live Privacy” now.
- Now select “View details and customizations”.
- Now you need to select the “Communication and Multiplayer” item.
- You have Crossplay as the second menu item in the next menu, which you can now block.
Again, if you disable crossplay, you’ll only be sent into a match with other Xbox players. PC and PlayStation users will be excluded.