During the PC Gamer Show at E3 2021 we were able to marvel at gameplay for the stalker-esque MMORPG Pioner for the first time. You will now find out what that reveals.
First gameplay ever: The first gameplay trailer for the survival MMORPG Pioner was presented at E3 2021. The game appeared out of nowhere just a few weeks ago and has been eagerly awaited by Stalker and Escape From Tarkov fans alike. By the way: Stalker 2 is also one of the highlights of this year’s E3.
What the Gameplay Trailer Reveals About Pioner
Looks like a Stalker, is it Stalker? For the first time, the developers at Pioner presented us some real gameplay. On the one hand, we can see well-known excerpts from the reveal trailer, and on the other hand, we can also see first story bits that want to suck us into the world.
The trailer at a glance
- At the beginning of the trailer we see the inventory and weapon construction system. In the game, we can change and change our equipment at any time.
- The story is about a mysterious island off the coast of Russia on which dangerous experiments were carried out. The trailer shows how we can influence the story, so it is possible to trust a ghostly figure or to attack it.
- New regions and enemy types are also not missing in the Pioner gameplay trailer. Here we see a kind of praying mantis with a human skull. The island also appears to have some suburban regions.
- Towards the end of the trailer, we can take a closer look at the dialogue system. Similar to the Stalker series, conversations are told in text boxes, to which we then give different answers.
- The gameplay trailer for Pioner makes it clear that you can play with multiple players. In the trailer, a team of three fights together, it is not known whether this is the maximum group size.
That’s why Pioner is worth a look – release known?
The best of both worlds: If you love Escape From Tarkov and Stalker, you can’t go wrong when buying Pioner. In addition to instantiated raids, there are also larger hub worlds and player progression, including loot.
Just like in Escape From Tarkov, we don’t go up any levels here, but rather improve our reputation with the various factions, clients, and dealers. This allows us to get better and better weapons and equipment.
Apart from that, an already exciting story draws us through the game, and we are promised a clear ending. Unfortunately, the gameplay trailer doesn’t reveal anything about Pioner’s endgame content.
When will Pioner appear: There is no exact release date yet. So far, however, the fourth quarter of 2021 or the first quarter of 2022 is assumed. That is a period from October 2021 to March 2022. If there is something new about the release, we will of course update this article.