Since the amount of armor in the survival game Conan Exiles is more confusing, the wiki is more likely to overload you at first glance than to provide you with all the essential information. This guide will give you an overview of the different armor types and how armor works in Conan Exiles.
That’s what it’s all about: Since we’ve been back in Conan Exiles lately with the new Age of Sorcery update, we’ve noticed that there’s an incredible number of different armor types. Each brings different attributes, armor values, and weight. Some are even more powerful and have unique values.
In the following, we list the most important information about armor in general and the different categories.
How exactly does armor work in Conan Exiles?
To answer this question, we first need to look at the different armor properties in Conan Exiles. Each armor has the following attributes:
- Armor Type: Each armor differs between light, medium, and heavy.
- Armor Rating: All armor has a base armor rating.
- Cold Resistance: Depending on your armor, you have a higher or lower resistance to cold climates.
- Heat Resistance: Depending on your armor, you have a higher or lower resistance to warm climates.
- Durability: Armor durability determines how long it will protect you before breaking.
- Weight: The weight of the armor determines your mobility.
- Bonus: Bonus attributes or specific buffs and abilities make each armor special.
This is what happens when you take damage: When you receive a hit, your armor protects you from a certain amount of damage as a percentage, depending on its armor value. If the opponent uses weapons that can pierce through armor (given as armor penetration in percent), this value is subtracted directly from your armor. The incoming damage is subtracted from the armor’s durability first and distributed across all armor pieces.
If the durability is above zero, the armor protects you with the specified values. Once it reaches zero durability, you lose all protection and all bonuses from it.
Can I increase my armor rating without armor? Yes, with the Grit attribute, you can increase your armor value by up to 200 points. In addition to this, there are the following abilities within the attributes that increase your armor:
- Toughness: Increases your armor by 40 points and your stamina by 20 points.
(1st Node – Grit)
- Strong: Increases your armor by 20% of your stamina points.
(2nd Node – Grit)
- Berserk: When below 50% health, you deal 25% more damage and your armor increases by 100 points. (3rd Node – Strength)
- Bloodthirsty Berserk: When below 25% health, you deal an additional 10% damage and gain an additional 50 armor points. (4th Node – Strength)
How does damage output compare to armor – heavy armor = less damage?
Unfortunately, it’s not that easy. The increase in damage reduction is not linear. To get maximum effectiveness, it pays to stay below a certain armor value to get as much damage reduction as possible still. However, this does not apply to certain tank builds.
For example, if you have an armor rating of 1167 points, you have a 70% damage reduction. Until then, increasing the armor value is still the most worthwhile. For 80% damage reduction, however, you need an armor value of 2000 points, which is no longer that easy.
- 50% damage reduction from 500 armor value
- 60% damage reduction from 750 armor value
- 70% damage reduction from 1167 armor value
- 75% damage reduction from 1500 armor value
- 80% damage reduction from 2000 armor value
- 85% damage reduction from 2834 armor value
- 90% damage reduction from 4500 armor value
- 95% damage reduction from 9500 armor value
- 99% damage reduction from 49500 armor value
|More about Conan Exiles|
All armor classes in Conan Exiles 3.0
There are three armor classes in Conan Exiles: Light, Medium, and Heavy. Each of these classes brings its own bonuses and promotes a different play style. Your armor also determines the climate in which you can move well. So that you know exactly which armor you should choose, we list all the different armor classes with advantages and disadvantages and show you three good representatives of each class – for the beginning of the game, middle part, and end-game.
Did you know that you can dye all armor in Conan Exiles?
All light armor sets + attributes in Conan Exiles
If you wear light armor, you benefit from a particularly high endurance regeneration due to the low weight. You can also carry more weight, dodge faster, and run longer. You only have a low armor value and, therefore less defense. Particularly suitable for players who tend to attack or cast spells from afar.
3 good armor of this class
- Light Armor Set –The classic. Easy to craft and only requires the Armorsmith’s skill.
- Light Turban: 6 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Light Chestpiece: 11 Armor, +15 carrying Capacity
- Light Gauntlets: 3 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Light Wrap: 8 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Light Boots: 3 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Zamorian Thief Set – A good set if you want to play with agility weapons, as the armor increases your damage with these weapons. Crafting requires you to have learned the Armorsmith and Steel Tools talents.
- Zamorian Thief Hood: 13 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Zamorian Thief Chest: 22 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Zamorian Thief Gauntlets: 6 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Zamorian Thief Breeches: 16 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Zamorian Thief Boots: 6 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Voidforged Dragonhide Set – Only available very late in the game, as the recipe is in the “Sinkhole” ruin. High armor stats, increase Strength, weapon damage, health, and stamina.
- Voidforged Dragonhide Hood: 32 armor, +20 health
- Voidforged Dragonhide Tunic: 56 armor, +6 % Strength Weapon Damage
- Voidforged Dragonhide Bracers: 16 armor, +40 health
- Voidforged Dragonhide Kilt: 40 armor, +10 endurance
- Voidforged Dragonhide Boots: 16 armor, +20 health
All medium armor sets + attributes in Conan Exiles
Medium armor combines the mobility of light armor with the higher armor rating of heavy armor. This gives you slightly more protection than in light armor, but you are still more agile than in heavy armor. Particularly suitable for agile melee fighters who fight with daggers, for example.
3 good armor of this class
- Medium Armor Set –The classic. Easy to craft and only requires the Armorsmith’s talent.
- Medium Cap: 34 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Medium Harness: 59 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Medium Gauntlets: 17 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Medium Tasset: 42 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Medium Boots: 17 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Aquilonian Set – As with light armor, this set offers a bonus to the damage you deal with Agility weapons. Crafting requires you to have learned the Armorsmith’s and Hardened Steel Tools talents.
- Aquilonian Helmet: 64 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Aquilonian Chestplate: 112 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Aquilonian Bracers: 32 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Aquilonian Tasset: 80 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Aquilonian Sandals: 32 armor, +3 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Silent Legion Medium Set – This is also a set that can only be crafted later in the game. It increases health, stamina, carrying capacity, and the damage you deal with Strength or Agility weapons.
- Silent Legion Medium Helmet: 110 armor, +10 Endurance
- Silent Legion Medium Pauldron: 193 armor, +6 % Agility Weapon Damage
- Silent Legion Medium Gauntlets: 55 armor, +6 % Strength Weapon Damage
- Silent Legion Medium Tasset: 138 armor, +40 Health
- Silent Legion Medium Boots: 55 armor, +30 carrying capacity
All heavy armor sets + attributes in Conan Exiles
If you don’t care about mobility and want the highest level of protection, consider heavy armor. Due to the high armor values, you can even withstand the attacks of strong opponents. Unfortunately, you give up the ability to dodge almost completely. Particularly suitable for melee fighters who deal great damage with two-handed weapons or tanks who defy enemy attacks with a shield.
3 good armor of this class
- Heavy Set – The classic. Easy to craft and only requires the Armorsmith’s talent.
- Heavy Helmet: 80 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Heavy Pauldron: 140 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Heavy Gauntlets: 40 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Heavy Tasset: 100 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Heavy Sabatons: 40 armor, +15 carrying capacity
- Vanir Heavy Set –A fairly early reachable and heavy armor set. With the Stamina bonus, it is even more powerful when paired with the Strong ability. To craft, you only need to have learned the Armorsmith and Steel Tools talents.
- Vanir Heavy Helmet: 126 armor, +5 Endurance
- Vanir Heavy Pauldron: 221 armor, +5 Endurance
- Vanir Heavy Gauntlets: 63 armor, +5 Endurance
- Vanir Heavy Tasset: 158 armor, +5 Endurance
- Vanir Heavy Boots: 63 armor, +5 Endurance
- Voidforged Dragon Set –A legendary set with the highest armor rating among heavy armor. Health, stamina, and damage stats with Strength weapons are also increased.
- Voidforged Dragon Helmet: 240 armor, +20 Health
- Voidforged Dragon Ribs: 420 armor, +6 % Strength Weapon Damage
- Voidforged Dragon Gauntlets: 120 armor, +40 Health
- Voidforged Dragon Leggings: 300 armor, +10 Endurance
- Voidforged Dragon Boots: 120 armor, +20 Health
In addition to the above, there are other legendary armors, as well as the possibility to strengthen your armor with various items.