Every survivor in DayZ has surely stumbled into a toxic zone at some point. Besides lots of good and rare loot, you’ll also catch gas poisoning in no time. How to protect yourself from it and how to heal yourself in case of emergency, we will explain now!
What is gas poisoning? You get gas poisoning the moment you enter one of the static or dynamic contaminated zones. From that moment on, your condition worsens to the point of death — and it happens pretty darn fast. To protect or heal yourself, there are several options.
- Never miss DayZ news & guides again – Guided-Social-Media
The three stages of gas poisoning in DayZ
If for some reason you enter the contaminated zone without protection, you will suffer from gas poisoning from the first second. This manifests itself in three different stages and, if not treated, will ultimately always lead to death. Depending on the severity of the poisoning, you will also need other remedies.
- Stage 1 – Immediately after entering a contaminated zone, you will not feel bad at first, but from now on any blood that is taken from you will be contaminated.
- Stage 2 – 25 seconds after entering a contaminated zone, you will notice the gas poisoning very strongly. Every 20-40 seconds, you cough up blood, which gives you 50 blood damage. Every 3-5 minutes you will even vomit, and also receive 250 blood damage.
- Stage 3 – 1 minute and 20 seconds after entering a contaminated zone, you will pass out. You will then lose 3 lives per second until you die.
Here’s how you can cure gas poisoning in DayZ
- Tetracycline pills (level 1)
- PO-X injector (level 1-3)
- Clean blood bag + IV-Startkit
Where to get the different items: All the above items can be found in medical facilities or tents. The easiest items to find are the tetracycline pills and everything you need to make a clean blood bag. But also the PO-X injector can spawn everywhere where other medical items can be found, just much less often.
This is how you use the different healing items: Starting with the tetracycline pills, probably the easiest way to heal yourself. After taking one of the pills, you are immediately cured of the first stage of gas poisoning. The PO-X injector works in a similarly simple way, when used your gas poisoning, no matter what stage it is, will be cured. On the other hand, the PO-X injector is a bit harder to get.
The most complicated way to heal: You can also heal yourself with a blood bag. To do this, however, you must already draw clean, non-poisoned blood with an empty blood bag before entering a contaminated zone. Combine the filled blood bag with an IV kit to get another option to heal yourself completely from gas poisoning. However, you can only inject the clean blood outside the contaminated zone. As long as you are inside the zone, it will not work.
Preventing gas poisoning in DayZ – With this protective gear you can
In order for you to enter a toxic zone without much danger, there are some items and equipment you should get first. The main one is the NBC suit, but you should also add other items to your loot list:
- NBC set consisting of:
- Gas mask (one of the 3):
- NBC gas mask
- Gas mask
- Combat gas mask (cannot be repaired)
- Gas mask filter
|More about DayZ|
Repair items are necessary in case you get injured inside the contaminated zone and your NBC suit and gas mask gets damaged. Because if you don’t mend your equipment immediately, you will get the deadly gas poisoning within seconds. You can repair your equipment with the following items.
- Tire Repair Kit (Gas Masks & NBC Kit).
- Epoxy putty (Gas Masks)
- Adhesive tape (NBC Set)
Gas poisoning isn’t the only thing that can kill you in DayZ. In this Guide we show you how to cure the food poisoning: How to Never get Sick again & Cure Food Poisoning