Developer Crytek has presented the new features from the Hunt Showdown Update 1.6 in a live stream. In addition, the 30-gigabyte update is already installed and playable on the test servers.
Update without a map? The Hunt Showdown Update 1.6 is now available on the live servers of all platforms. The new map DeSalle, which houses a cool western town, is also part of the update. The Patch is over 30 Gigabyte big, and we hope you got a fast internet connection.
Patch notes & content from the Hunt Showdown Update 1.6
In addition to the new map DeSalle, the changes to the matchmaking system are probably the biggest construction site that the developers at Crytek have worked on. The following adjustments are to be introduced in Update 1.6:
Star rating: So far, you have not been able to see the skill rank of your opponent. There are only arrows that show whether you are better or worse than your opponent. Star ratings now show your approximate skill rank based on 1 to 6 stars. The system behind it doesn’t change. The stars are only for the better view.
The MMR (Match Making Rating) of all players is added together and results in the Match MMR. Only that is decisive for the players you find for your round.
Modification: If Hunt Showdown thinks you are at a disadvantage, you will receive a “modifier”. That should lower the MMR when you are at a disadvantage. For example in these situations:
- No modifier: If you play in a duo or trio with a very similar rank, you will not receive a bonus.
- Weak Mod: You get the weak bonus if, for example, you play in a random trio. The modifier also works when you fight as a duo against trios.
- Medium Modifier: This bonus is given to random duo teams.
- Strong Modifier: This bonus is only given to solo players competing against trios.
A new mechanic is included in the Hunt Showdown Update 1.6. You can get the “Retaliation Bonus” if you kill the Hunter who killed you in the same round before. This will give you two upgrade points as soon as you loot his corpse.
You can receive this bonus several times per round. To do this, you also have to go down several times to reset the cycle.
- Medium & Long Ammo have increased maximum range
- Medium: 350 meters
- Long: 500 meters
- Sparks LLR effective range increased from 250 meters to 347 meters
- Vetterli 71 effective range increased from 167 to 184 meters.
- Bornheim Match now has a longer run and deals more damage.
- Changes to Dagger 96
- Reload animation is slower
- Slightly reduced damage compared to version 1.5
- Weapon wobble increases when all semi-auto weapons, including daggers, are fired quickly.
- Ammunition for Specter shotgun can be caught.
- Full metal jacket ammunition (FMJ) does more damage at greater distances.
- Dragon Breath (Dragonsbreath) Ammunition does more damage at short distances.
- Dum-Dum & Incendiary Ammunition no longer has reduced damage.
|More News & Guides about Hunt Showdown|
Further, Changes & Adjustments in the Hunt Showdown Update 1.6
- Winfield 1887 Terminus – Storm Hunters
- 6 new pings
- Small, Medium, Shot and Large Ammo
- tool box
- UWU box (special ammunition)
- Darksight is a little clearer now. Bounty-Sight now shows models more clearly, but that
- doesn’t change anything, it’s purely visual.
- There are now icons and timers that show you how long your syringes work.
- The user interface is now clearer
- New menu headers
- Improved buttons
- New option to disable VOIP in spectator mode.
- Shop overview is now clearer and shows a DLC tab
Bug fixes in update 1.6
- Headshot icon was missing from death screen or showed incorrect information
- After ruffing out of the game, players could no longer gain control of their characters.
- The poison effect did not go away.
- No kill view if the opposing Hunter left the game before the end of the round.
- Flickering in fog rounds has been fixed.
- Much more in the official Hunt Showdown Update 1.6 patch notes.
Soon more in stream number 2 – New Map DeSalle
Update July 8th: Crytek announced the Release-Date!
The developers reveal: A second developer livestream will follow in the course of the week. In this, the devs then show the new map and reveal a release date. If you want to try the Hunt Showdown Update 1.6 now, you can do so on the test servers. But there is neither matchmaking nor the new DeSalle map.