Developer Crytek talked about the upcoming update 1.10 in their latest Hunt: Showdown developer live stream, and now the patch notes are known. We at Guided.news summarize all the important information for you.
When was the stream? The stream ran on Monday evening, September 26, 2022, from 6:00 p.m. CEST on Crytek’s official Twitch channel. The developers presented further details about the upcoming update 1.10 of their community. In the stream, social media manager Bence Hamos first talked with monetization/live designer Ferenc Safrany and senior level designer Tom Nietfeld about Hunt Showdown 1.10. However, the stream was shorter this time than the last dev streams, as Crytek mainly went into the highlights of 1.10. All other details will be teased on the social media channels in the coming days and weeks and revealed with the “very long” patch notes at the latest.
When will the new Hunt update be released? Update 1.10 to Hunt Showdown will be released today, October 12. The servers will be offline in about 3 hours. Launch for the new patch is then to the following time:
- PC Release: 9:00 a.m. CET (Central European Time)
- Console Release: 11:00 a.m. CET
All new Features in the Hunt: Showdown Update 1.10 – Patch Notes
Level Design Changes
The maps will be further adjusted. In particular, the Stillwater Bayou and Lawson Delta have received some small changes.
- Stillwater Bayou:
- Alice Farm: The river at Alice Farm has always presented a very open area for gunfights. Now a small island blocks the view of the farm.
- Darrow Livestock: New straw bales give you better access to the roof, and holes in the roof allow you to enter the building quickly.
- Lawson Delta:
- Iron Works: The roofs are now connected.
- Nicholls Prison: At the prison, you now have an outside railing to get from A to B better. The outer entrance area, as well as the interior of the prison, have also been reworked to improve readability.
- Spawn points: Lawson Delta and Stillwater Bayou have received a new spawn point system and new spawn points that ensure teams don’t spawn too close together. Spawn fights are still possible, but they are meant to remain fair.
Improved Questline System
An improved iteration of the new questline system will be added with 1.10, the patch notes reveal. You will be guided through various stages and collect stars for each quest. Once you’ve collected enough stars, you advance to the next level and receive rewards.
Each stage is divided into acts, offering four tasks for you to complete. You must collect four stars in the current one to advance to the next act. Each task offers a different number of stars. You can also go back to previous acts at any time. One of the new rewards are the Weapon Charms. New cosmetic items that you can attach to any of your weapons.
New Twitch Drops for Hunt Showdown in October
The next Twitch Drops have been announced. They bring not only legendary hunters and weapons, but also an exclusive questline for the first time.
- Twitch Drops will start on October 12, 2022
- Twitch Drops will end on October 20, 2022
The Stalker Beetle is a new throwable consumable that you unlock at Rank 15. It can also be collected in cocoons around the map. The Flying Beetle can be controlled and acts like a drone.
This is how the Beetle works: Once you have equipped the Beetle or found it in the game, you can control it and use it as a kind of drone with permanent Darksight. You can reuse the Beetle if you ever lose them and find them again.
Players can also sacrifice their Beetle to cause a small explosion. It deals minor damage to Hunter and the environment. However, the Beetle can also trigger any warnings the Hunter would trigger.
For example, a player can safely use the Beetle and use pings to give his teammate information as to where opponents are. But other players can also hear the Beetle and shoot it out of the sky.
- Compact Ammo Rifles, such as the Winfield 1873 or Officer Carbine, have an increased effective range with the update.
- Explosive Uppercut can now headshot players up to 35 m.
- The Pax Claw now deals the same damage as a knife. It still consumes a bit more stamina, though.
- Poison Sense: Range increased to 150 m.
- Ghoul: No longer has range and target limitations. Every monster in every range gives you some life back on kill.
- Conduit: Gives an additional 5 minutes of stamina. Used when picking up a clue or boss token.
- The prices of various items have been adjusted. A few weapons, tools, and consumables have become more expensive, others cheaper.
- Each ammo slot on weapons with two ammo slots now costs half as much.
- Adjusted the order of various rank rewards such as tools, weapons, and traits.
- Upgrade costs for various traits have either been increased or decreased by 1 point.
- You can now find consumables on the map. Some spots have a chance to spawn these items.
- Weapon: Caldwell Pax Claw – „Caldera“
- Weapon: Specter 1882 – „The Eleventh Hour”
- Weapon: Romero 77 Alamo – “Swamp Dredge”
- Weapon: Romero 77 Talon – “The Houqua”
- Legendary Hunter – “Deckhand”
|More about Hunt Showdown|
Statistics for the Serpent Moon Event
The Serpent Moon Event has come to an end. This was the first event that ran over a much longer period than usual. The developers presented the following statistics for the completed event:
- Snake Dens looted: 136,921,686
- Serpents Sacrifice: 65,131,951
- Event Points Collected: 5.1 billion
Would you like to join our community and discuss Hunt: Showdown? Then join our new Discord server, we look forward to seeing you!