In order to be one step ahead of everyone else in the latest version of DayZ (1.13), you should internalize our 13 tips and tricks.
Update & changes: In the latest update 1.13 of DayZ you received tons of new features and content. Among other things, there are different zombie classes. But now we’re going to present you 13 tips and tricks that nobody but you knows.
13 helpful & useful tips for DayZ 1.13
1. Watch out for the zombies
No matter where you are, there is a different kind of zombie. In the spawn cities, you will meet the weakest, in the interior, you will meet the somewhat stronger ones, and in military bases, you will encounter a multitude of die-hard undead.
Some of them can keep sprinting forever, some wear armor, and some scream for reinforcements. In addition, since the update, you can better block hits from zombies and cause them damage to the head more easily.
2. Scopes change the accuracy
It is known that telescopic sights or sights offer an advantage for the shooter at a distance. Since DayZ 1.13 it is enough to screw the scope onto the weapon – you don’t have to use it. Because even without looking through the visor, the accuracy of your weapon has increased many times over. In the case of a shotgun, however, this does not change the dispersion of the bullets!
3. Disinfect your bandages
If you bleed in the current DayZ version, it will heal by itself after 5 minutes. But you shouldn’t wait for that. Joining them with bandages/scraps of fabric or sewing them up with a sewing kit is also not good: You should only use them once you have cleaned them with alcohol or disinfectant.
Otherwise, you can expect gangrene, which slowly but surely pulls you to the side of the undead. Healing this only requires basic medication and equipment:
- Stage 1 wound infection: rub iodine or rubbing alcohol on the wound
- Stage 2 wound infection: take tetracycline tablets every 4 minutes, 4 times.
4. Player hitboxes
The hit zones or hitboxes of the player characters have been adjusted. The torso is now larger and arms and legs are correspondingly smaller. This makes body armor more effective on paper, but in return, it no longer protects arms and legs from DayZ 1.13.
Hitting the thorax also causes more shock damage than before, but usually ensures the wearer’s survival. Leg hits will no longer cause additional shock should the legs break.
5. This is the best sniper
The Blaze 95 is currently the best weapon when it comes to taking down players safely at long distances. It has the ability to fire both bullets at once. They land in the same place at all distances, just a few millimeters apart. If you hit a player with it, he is very likely gone.
6. Use zombies as weapons
Since DayZ Update 1.13 you can also use zombies as weapons. The trick is very simple: get a lot of zombies to follow you. Then you run in a zigzag pattern, so it is impossible for them to hit you.
If you run up to another player now, some of your zombie friends will prefer to chase them and not you. This trick works best with runners, but also with all other zombies – the masses do it.
|More News & Guides about DayZ|
More quick tips for DayZ 1.13
- Landmines cannot be picked up after you have defused them.
- If you drive over a mine, and it explodes, you are guaranteed to be unconscious in the vehicle, but you will not die. Weapons that you carry in your hand when entering a vehicle fall to the ground.
- Plastic bottles now hold as much water as a canteen. Both together fill a pot.
- You can save planted seeds as long as you haven’t watered them.
- All parts of a Ghille suit are now around 50% lighter.
- The best weapon against zombies is a car. The undead cannot attack you in the car. But be careful: wolves and bears can do that very well.
- Some values for food have been adjusted (table).
Now, your tips! These were our 13 tips for DayZ 1.13… Coincidence? Anyway, if you have any tips or tricks that we forgot to mention, please let us know in a comment below the article. Optionally, you can also follow us on Twitter so that you don’t miss any more exciting articles and news.