Today, December 2nd, the monthly Rust update will be released. For this purpose, the developers of Facepunch shut down the servers for some time. We’ll show you how long the Rust servers have been offline and when you can play again.
What kind of update is that? Today you can download the monthly update for Rust. Unfortunately, you cannot play directly because the servers have to be adapted to this version. The December update to Rust includes the following features and fixes:
- Excavator is more productive and therefore more attractive for players
- Denser forests
- Prices adjusted for traders
- Various bug fixes
- More – click here for the entire update!
Rust servers currently offline: when will they be offline again?
On Twitter, the developers already commented on the downtimes of the servers in the early afternoon (via twitter.com). The times can be enjoyed with a pinch of itching powder: It usually takes some time until the servers are really online again.
- When are the Rust servers offline? Facepunch will shut down the Rust server at 4:00 p.m. GMT.
- When will the Rust servers be back online? The first official servers should be online again around 7:00 p.m. GMT. This means that the maintenance work takes around three hours – in the best-case scenario.
The December update itself will be available from 7:00 p.m. as soon as the servers are online again. But be careful: Along with the new update comes a blueprint wipe.
|More about Rust|
Why does the developer shut down the servers?
Most servers have to be switched offline during an update in order to adapt their version to the new client version. That means, not only do you have to download and install the update, the server has to do it too.
In some cases, however, these are just precautionary measures. With mod updates it is often the case that the server spits out a warning that the players should leave the server bitterly, it will go offline in 5 minutes.
If you haven’t downloaded the latest version, you look inside the tube, everyone else can happily continue paddling. With major game updates, nobody can even start the game without downloading the update. If the server then has the wrong version, the connection is impossible.